I understand why they changed. People that are really hard on their selectors during training/use probably break the heads off the screws. I get that. I am glad it was improved. People in the above mentioned category tend to set the pace on things.

Of all the things I am particular about safety selectors are something I am admittedly not using like a lot of other people do in public/team settings. 99% of the time I am shooting at home or at a ranch with no one within 3 miles of me. That being the case I have not trained on, nor have I ever broken a safety selector. I use it when I need it but I am not (at least yet) in a situation where it's a part of my regiment.

What bugs me is it's kind of like having someone intentionally putting a pebble in your shoe and telling you to go run a mile. That's what it's kind of like to me when I have those levers jabbing me in the hand. That has absolutely nothing to do with the design of how the levers attach to the cross bolt (I don't know the technical name) but rather the lever itself.

At very least one would think they could make a replacement lever and sell it to people like me for $20 or something. It seems like an easy enough solution but apparently it's not happening.

On another note, I did find a company out of California that says they have the older levers in stock still so I will try and order them. If I ever break a lever off I will switch the selector design on all my rifles. I wouldn't care one way or another if it's the new design or not other than the physical shape of the weak side lever irritating me to death.