Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12.5 talk

Downloads
    Uploads

12.5 talk

Ok. I’m at a mental crossroad.lol
    I Have thought about a 11.5 vs 12.5 for a while now.

Pretty dead set on a 12.5 (556). I don’t want stainless this time around, want a CL/hammer forged deal

Now stuck on who from and carbine or mid length gas
    Rather not run a adj block on this if I don’t have to, but I use pmc to hot 556

I know some here use this length. Looking for some first hand info on how it is in terms of a reliable/soft shooter etc.. xx

Looking at

Triarc (middy -in stock)
    Centurion (carbine -in stock)
    Criterion (Carbine-in stock)
    BRT (exc or whatever gas system, in between carbine and middy)

Stuck, will be just an upper for now and will have a Yhm T2 on it all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If Centurion has them in stock, I'd roll with that all day long. Then I'd also look at VSeven. My Centurion CL 12.5" continues to cure cancer after 6800 rounds, much of which was PMC XTAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ll second the Centurion. My 10.3” cycles canned or not without an AGB. So does my 12.5” Hodge. A BRT EZtune gas tube would be a cheap fix if needed. With an A5 buffer system felt recoil is not bad with either. I don’t shoot underpowered ammo so can’t speak to that. Wolf Gold .223 is gtg.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. No centurions in stock at the moment

Gator-this the same barrel?
    https://centurionarms.com/lightweigh...arrel-carbine/

Cause I’m curious, know the gas port size of your centurion?

Only one I’m seeing in stock I’m considering is the Triarc 12.5” in the mid length..which is another part to to it

C or m?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a line on a new criterion 12.5

Anyone got anything to say about them? Contacted them about their gas port size, but like a few others.They won’t tell you..how dumb..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Cool. No centurions in stock at the moment

Gator-this the same barrel?
    https://centurionarms.com/lightweigh...arrel-carbine/

Cause I’m curious, know the gas port size of your centurion?

Only one I’m seeing in stock I’m considering is the Triarc 12.5” in the mid length..which is another part to to it

C or m?
    Mine was a carbine m4 profile. I'm not sure if that's now considered "light weight" or not. It looks like it's the same profile. I never measured the gas port on that barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a line on a new criterion 12.5

Anyone got anything to say about them? Contacted them about their gas port size, but like a few others.They won’t tell you..how dumb..
    Yeah I don’t understand this. It can only HELP the customer and if they don’t answer I generally cross them off the list if I can’t find it easily. Rosco is another one that won’t, but a retailer near me has a bunch of their barrels in stock. Tempted to take some pin gauges in there and go to town lol

I saw on a list that Centurion 12.5” carbine port size is .064”

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right.. I never heard back from triarc and criterion themselves. But found a core 12.5 in stock from a small online shop and emailed and asked him nicely to measure the port.

Man, with that size port on tat centurion, if true. Would be a soft shooter.

Other side of it, not a lot of 11.5” rail options

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I saw on a list that Centurion 12.5” carbine port size is .064”
    I wish I had measured mine. I remembered right after I put on the URX 3.1 rail, so I wasn't going to take it back off again. I'm guessing that size is probably in the ball park*. With full power ammo, it doesn't shoot as soft as the V-Seven with a .0625, but it's close. And given my Centurion runs a Spikes T2 and can shoot unsurppressed and the VSeven needs a H buffer to shoot unsuppressed, that all makes sense. Both have Colt action springs.

*Keep in mind my barrel is from 2013, so processes may have changed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well criterion deal fell thru, another oos even though it let me. CHeck out..

Hollar if you see something good in stock

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this isn't a "top tier" brand name, but Harrison from AR15 Performance has a bit of cult following for producing excellent barrels at a very low price. I have one of his 16" 6.8 SPC barrels that I've been very please with (~1MOA w/ factory Gold Dot). I think a few other WEVO members can vouch for his product, too.

https://www.ar15performance.com/product

He has 12.5 5.56 in stock

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 12.5” ARP 6.8 SPC barrel that I consider top tier for a niche round. It would surprise me if the 5.56 version was not as good.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya no..I didn’t say him for a reason..I had a grendel barrel of his that had chamber problems , contacted him and he literally ripped into me for buying his barrel without checking it..lol..huge gas port…sold that shit and never going back.

On email notifications for a bunch…guess I just sit back and wait..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya no..I didn’t say him for a reason..I had a grendel barrel of his that had chamber problems , contacted him and he literally ripped into me for buying his barrel without checking it..lol..huge gas port…sold that shit and never going back.

On email notifications for a bunch…guess I just sit back and wait..
    Ah, sorry to hear that.

And I missed that you are focused on a CHF/CL barrel, so that wouldn't have fit the ticket anyway. I'd add BCM to the list but of course they're OOS, too.

That said, A BA nitride barrel will almost certainly do anything you need it to do and save you some bones: https://www.rainierarms.com/ballisti...t-barrel-12-5/

I love my 11.5" BA build

Downloads
    Uploads
    BRT has 12.5’s on preorder. CHF.

http://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BRT...rel-p258933205
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler