Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12.5 talk

Downloads
    Uploads
    WO has BA's 12.3 barrel with his gas block as well for $210.00 I put his 14.7" on my first build (the wifes now) many moons ago, very accurate, nice finish with a NB barrel extension. https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/bal...n-profile.html

I use his gas blocks on all my builds since I have BRD engineering's pinning and dimple jig. I can pin and dimple the gas block for you if you want, just cover shipping both ways...

PA has the Triarc barrel in stock. Heard good things bout them it has a Mid-length gas system so it should be a smooth shooter... I may grab one for my next build.

https://www.primaryarms.com/triarc-s...col_pco=Orphan
    Last edited by Stone; 13 November 2021 at 20:40.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Off topic, does anybody remember a place called Rogue Tactical?? I think that was the name, he used to have an impressive line up of AR barrels. I cant seem to find the website. Not sure if I got the name wrong or they are out of buisness...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Off topic, does anybody remember a place called Rogue Tactical?? I think that was the name, he used to have an impressive line up of AR barrels. I cant seem to find the website. Not sure if I got the name wrong or they are out of buisness...
    Rogtac
    Haven’t seen him on the forums for a while..not sure what happened

https://www.rogtac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boiler- nicely equipped yet simple build. I like it. Probably balances well. That BA barrel looks a good option, and in stock.

Stone-Thanks for the heads up and offer. I’ll keep it in mind.
    Ya, that Triarc /12.5/middy has me intrigued and in stock also.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Ya, I keep coming back to it. Interesting gas length. In between carbine and mid length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Rogtac
    Haven’t seen him on the forums for a while..not sure what happened

https://www.rogtac.com/
    Thats the one!! No wonder I couldnt find it, its Rush Outdoor Group (ROG) not Rogue... cool, thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bought the 12.5" Triarc barrel and a V7 complete upper with an inconnel gas tube. Went with the BRT comp as it works excellent on my 10.5" SBR. I have been planning this build ever since I SBR'd a second lower when the trust laws were changing. Your thread and Aragorns pushed me over the edge to get this upper done. Probably will go with the Zev wedgelock 12.5" rail as the Megas were my favorite and they are the same rail with a different name. Been wanting to do the mystic black BCG so I will grab Cryptics Bcg. Im gonna shoot the ever lovin dog shite out of this rifle so hopefully the heavy duty parts will take my abuse...
    Last edited by Stone; 18 November 2021 at 13:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

I’m waiting it out to see if anything pops up next week and still unsure , and what rail to go with also

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Ah, sorry to hear that.

And I missed that you are focused on a CHF/CL barrel, so that wouldn't have fit the ticket anyway. I'd add BCM to the list but of course they're OOS, too.

That said, A BA nitride barrel will almost certainly do anything you need it to do and save you some bones: https://www.rainierarms.com/ballisti...t-barrel-12-5/

I love my 11.5" BA build

I'd go BA as well.

They just had a 25% off sale for Veterans Day, so I'm assuming the Black Friday Sale will be even better. Worth waiting and checking it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing against BA, but there ok barrels. Had a half dozen, bottom end barrels suck imo
    Hansons are ok, have 2 here and one is a constant rust pit party and shoots ok.

Just scooped up a 12.5” Criterion hybrid

Now to decide on what rail, 11.5” Is ideal for maximum rail space, but a lot more options in the 10.5” range

Suggestions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it hard to believe anyone would recommend BA. From my experiences they are low end trash. Out of spec chambers, gas ports drilled through lands, and pinned gas blocks that move 1/8" with the pin in place are just a few issues I e personally dealt with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I find it hard to believe anyone would recommend BA. From my experiences they are low end trash. Out of spec chambers, gas ports drilled through lands, and pinned gas blocks that move 1/8" with the pin in place are just a few issues I e personally dealt with.
    Interesting and a bit surprising, honestly, as I haven't heard much real complaining about BA. Reflecting on it, I have two of BA's barrels and I've been happy with both, but I think i also bought them before AP purchased them so I'm guessing their production numbers were comparatively low back then given how much more popular Aero has become over the years. Perhaps they just haven't been able to maintain QC while they have grown? That's not uncommon.

Serious question about your "gas ports drilled through the lands": Is that really a quality issue? I wouldn't expect barrel manufacturers to be precisely timing the rifling their barrels such that the gas port always hits a groove but I really have never though much about it. To your point, perhaps that's one of the details that sets top barrel manufacturers apart from the pack?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Set email notifiers everywhere, have your money ready, and buy a damn FN barrel when it comes up. Or pay way too much for a Colt and have it chopped, or get a BCM. Those are your choices. Unless you take up making your own, its going to be a wait no matter what.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...Not after a FN barrel even though they make god stuff. I have been on lists everywhere.

Triarc literally will not answer emails, Instagram or Facebook messages or the frickin phone..guess there not getting my money...

Downloads
    Uploads
    What info are you looking for from Triarc? I got the 12.5" barrel yesterday...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a CHF, CL barrel. I thought they made them for a lot of rebranders?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!