Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATF eForms

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks much. So how do you submit fingerprints via eFile?
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks much. So how do you submit fingerprints via eFile?
    With a Form 1 that was the only thing you had to mail in. I am not sure if the new system allows you to submit digital prints or not.

The bulk of your documents including the trust docs, all the rest of your data (and anyone else's that is relevant), payment, etc are all digital.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The kiosk is not 'e-file'. It was a way to make collecting information about people easier. When they had 41F finally put in place you had to get prints and this and that...and if you had 4 people on your trust that meant each person would have to get fingerprint cards and whatever for each stamp.

With the kiosk they can store one set of prints indefinitely and just print them out as needed. It turned the process into almost a once and done system.

None the less they would still print out your documents and get a physical envelope and mail stuff to the ATF on your behalf. I recall Silencer Shop posting pictures of pallets full of documents waiting to be mailed to the ATF. They literally had to be picked up by forklift.

With e-File all that snail mail goes away. Instead of having to print out everything and stuff envelopes it can be submitted all online.
    SS had integrated their digital system (kiosk) with ATF e-Forms for Form 4 several years ago but the ATF threw a monkey wrench in things so SS had to shut it down. I had a stamp get caught up in that mess and it took several months to resolve, ultimately requiring me to go into the e-Forms system and do stuff. I believe SS has been working with ATF on integration so I'll be interested to see if they re-enable that. Regarding prints, I believe SS prints out physical print cards from your digital prints and sends in the paper copy. This is essentially what a lot of finger printing services do these day, too....scan your prints and print out the cards.

Downloads
    Uploads

ATF eForms

I've read that digital prints will be accepted. Not sure how you can get a workable file from the LE agency, or how it'll be handled. I also read that digital prints (and possibly all prints submitted on eforms at some point) will be good for 5 years towards subsequent applications. But that came from the internet, with no source other than "My buddy at So-and-so said", so put that in one hand next to the shit and wish in the other...

Seems there's a lot of internet buddy cred on the line with this one...
    Last edited by Joelski; 8 December 2021 at 17:52.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very few organizations take paper prints anymore, so if the NFA branch is able to interface with the electronic systems, that would be a huge win. When I redid my security clearance last year, I just went to a shipping store that had the system set up and they scanned a bar code and it told it where to go, and DONCAF has been doing that for years.

Lots of other LE and non-LE agencies have been doing electronic prints for years now, as well, so here's hoping this is one more step to make it easier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sent SS a email and just heard back, my docusigned/back order filled can that I signed on the 30th is hanging out and will be Efiled they say.

I’ll update what happens, last can was 5 months , so if it beats that I guess it’s cool. No actual stamp but whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got an email from SS that says the new system is live. In that email it says form 4s are expected to clear within 90 days.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  246.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already logged in.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There’s reports from dealers the site is unstable right now. Apparently everyone including distributors submitting all at once.