Thread: ATF eForms

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Will the SS kiosk be considered eFile? I’d love to get two more .30 cals.
    The kiosk is not 'e-file'. It was a way to make collecting information about people easier. When they had 41F finally put in place you had to get prints and this and that...and if you had 4 people on your trust that meant each person would have to get fingerprint cards and whatever for each stamp.

With the kiosk they can store one set of prints indefinitely and just print them out as needed. It turned the process into almost a once and done system.

None the less they would still print out your documents and get a physical envelope and mail stuff to the ATF on your behalf. I recall Silencer Shop posting pictures of pallets full of documents waiting to be mailed to the ATF. They literally had to be picked up by forklift.

With e-File all that snail mail goes away. Instead of having to print out everything and stuff envelopes it can be submitted all online.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The kiosk is not 'e-file'. It was a way to make collecting information about people easier. When they had 41F finally put in place you had to get prints and this and that...and if you had 4 people on your trust that meant each person would have to get fingerprint cards and whatever for each stamp.

With the kiosk they can store one set of prints indefinitely and just print them out as needed. It turned the process into almost a once and done system.

None the less they would still print out your documents and get a physical envelope and mail stuff to the ATF on your behalf. I recall Silencer Shop posting pictures of pallets full of documents waiting to be mailed to the ATF. They literally had to be picked up by forklift.

With e-File all that snail mail goes away. Instead of having to print out everything and stuff envelopes it can be submitted all online.
    SS had integrated their digital system (kiosk) with ATF e-Forms for Form 4 several years ago but the ATF threw a monkey wrench in things so SS had to shut it down. I had a stamp get caught up in that mess and it took several months to resolve, ultimately requiring me to go into the e-Forms system and do stuff. I believe SS has been working with ATF on integration so I'll be interested to see if they re-enable that. Regarding prints, I believe SS prints out physical print cards from your digital prints and sends in the paper copy. This is essentially what a lot of finger printing services do these day, too....scan your prints and print out the cards.