Downloads
    Uploads

PSA: Don't be like me and leave your car unlocked

Don't forget to lock your car. Unintentionally forgot to lock my car the other night parked in front of my house. Wrong night....

That night a group of professional thieves went through my neighborhood and were burglarizing any car that was left unlocked. About 4 people in my neighborhood of 40 houses got hit.

Luckily only lost a pair of Oakley's and some change. Glad they didn't loot my trunk where I have my go bag with a bunch of equipment.

Even if you live in a good neighborhood where nothing bad ever happens...bad stuff can happen.

Police are tracking the guys and were able to lift prints off of one of the cars. Hopefully they catch them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear about this.

Recently I was at a hotel and there were some professional thieves there as well. I was able to watch the security footage (with the manager who is a friend of mine) and those guys pulled up next to another car and in under two minutes they A. Got inside a locked car and B. Started the vehicle and drove it away.

Plus it was done in broad daylight about 2pm right in front of a security camera. They had their plates obscured and they pulled up at such an angle to where the camera could not give any kind of description of the people other than a general make and model of the truck they were driving.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On another note, that same hotel is right down the road from the location of a big law enforcement training center. Police, Sheriff Officers, DPS, etc statewide all go there from time to time to do all sorts of training. One example is they take an old car and put a dummy in the driver's seat and submerge the car in a lake. Usually this is done in the winter when it's cold and raining. Anyway they take the trainees out and have them drive up on the scene to practice their response and to learn life saving protocol. Yes they have to jump in the water and rescue said dummy. They do a ton of other stuff as well.

Anyway as the story goes, (again we watched the security camera footage) one of the guests at that hotel was the Chief of Police from a city a few counties over. When the maids were cleaning the rooms some other guests distracted the housekeeper and stole her master room key and handed it off. His buddy ducked inside the room and took all kinds of stuff including his laptop and a bag that had his (the Chief of Police's) Glock in it.

The local cops were called and they gave them all the information of the people that did it (they were caught on security camera) including their cel phone number. Through the magic of police work and pinging the tower where the phone was at, about an hour or two later a full SWAT raid happened at the residence where the people were.

All items were recovered without incident.

It was a clear case of "F'k around and find out" by some crackheads that thought they were smarter than the system

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    On another note, that same hotel is right down the road from the location of a big law enforcement training center. Police, Sheriff Officers, DPS, etc statewide all go there from time to time to do all sorts of training. One example is they take an old car and put a dummy in the driver's seat and submerge the car in a lake. Usually this is done in the winter when it's cold and raining. Anyway they take the trainees out and have them drive up on the scene to practice their response and to learn life saving protocol. Yes they have to jump in the water and rescue said dummy. They do a ton of other stuff as well.

Anyway as the story goes, (again we watched the security camera footage) one of the guests at that hotel was the Chief of Police from a city a few counties over. When the maids were cleaning the rooms some other guests distracted the housekeeper and stole her master room key and handed it off. His buddy ducked inside the room and took all kinds of stuff including his laptop and a bag that had his (the Chief of Police's) Glock in it.

The local cops were called and they gave them all the information of the people that did it (they were caught on security camera) including their cel phone number. Through the magic of police work and pinging the tower where the phone was at, about an hour or two later a full SWAT raid happened at the residence where the people were.

All items were recovered without incident.

It was a clear case of "F'k around and find out" by some crackheads that thought they were smarter than the system
    I hate Glock stealing crackheads.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I hate Glock stealing crackheads.
    It's all fun and games until you get your door kicked in and get forcibly dragged out and hog tied on your own lawn by the SWAT Team.

They might be stupid but I think they realized they eff'd with the wrong guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    It's all fun and games until you get your door kicked in and get forcibly dragged out and hog tied on your own lawn by the SWAT Team.

They might be stupid but I think they realized they eff'd with the wrong guy.
    I can't believe that they'd be stupid enough to break into rooms in a hotel full of every kind of cop there is. Reminds me of a movie, can't remember which, where a couple of morons walk into a packed bar. They brandish their weapons and demands everyone's money. Next thing they know is there is about 40 or so pistols pointing at them. That's when one of the morons look at the other, and says "you dumb ass, this is a cop bar"....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Don't forget to lock your car. Unintentionally forgot to lock my car the other night parked in front of my house. Wrong night....

That night a group of professional thieves went through my neighborhood and were burglarizing any car that was left unlocked. About 4 people in my neighborhood of 40 houses got hit.

Luckily only lost a pair of Oakley's and some change. Glad they didn't loot my trunk where I have my go bag with a bunch of equipment.

Even if you live in a good neighborhood where nothing bad ever happens...bad stuff can happen.

Police are tracking the guys and were able to lift prints off of one of the cars. Hopefully they catch them.
    I live in a condo just straddling the line of city/and suburbia. Biggest thing I've ever see go down here is when lightning literally blew the roof off of someone's unit. To the point, my old car got hit. Called the cops and they told me there was a crew, probably from Cincy OH, hitting these types of places. Supposedly they can use a small device that can read your key fob when you open your car door. I've heard that before, but thought it was an urban internet myth. My sister lives in another condo unit a couple of miles away, and they got hit pretty hard just a few weeks earlier. I've also been told you can buy these things on Ebay.? Good thing they didn't get your bag. One thing I truly hate is a thief
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least they're investigating it.

Right now, our department doesn't even actively investigate misdemeanor property crimes. In fact, a lot of felony property crimes don't get any attention either beyond the patrol level.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in a condo just straddling the line of city/and suburbia. Biggest thing I've ever see go down here is when lightning literally blew the roof off of someone's unit. To the point, my old car got hit. Called the cops and they told me there was a crew, probably from Cincy OH, hitting these types of places. Supposedly they can use a small device that can read your key fob when you open your car door. I've heard that before, but thought it was an urban internet myth. My sister lives in another condo unit a couple of miles away, and they got hit pretty hard just a few weeks earlier. I've also been told you can buy these things on Ebay.? Good thing they didn't get your bag. One thing I truly hate is a thief
    Yes, those are real. I have a work associate in Germany that had his Audi (I think it was an A8) stolen out of his driveway that way. Look up "Faraday bags for keys". Put your fobs in one of those when keys aren't in use to prevent them being interrogated. I drive a Ford where you don't even insert a key anywhere, the key just has to be in the car so I have one of these. Unfortunately, I'm not particularly disciplined in using it.

To UW's point, the thieves in Western Washington have become especially bold as there is almost zero enforcement or investigation. A few weeks ago a woman walked into the local Safeway, loaded up on Seahawks gear and other stuff from the front of the store, and just walked out like it was no ones' business. And no one acted like she was wrong. The store employees are told not to intervene. Another story is the guy that runs our local "Bricks & Wheels" (a Lego reseller / aftermarket trading shop) had a black eye because some thugs walked in in the middle of the day and jacked the register and he tried to get in their way. Since there was an assault, the cops are supposedly at least investigating that one. This in the Bellevue, WA area which isn't exactly a slum.

I don't blame LEO, btw, the local pols are spineless, don't support LEO or prosecute crime, and they spend more time thinking about "social justice" and how to introduce education about "non-binary" people into elementary school than they do about basic civics and actual justice. It's a real shame how the people of this beautiful state are destroying it. I've only been here 10 years and it's amazing how far downhill it's gone in such a short amount of time. I'm probably taking my family east within the next year or two. Already pulled my kids out of government indoctrination camp / school in 2020.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    At least they're investigating it.

Right now, our department doesn't even actively investigate misdemeanor property crimes. In fact, a lot of felony property crimes don't get any attention either beyond the patrol level.
    I don't think I was ever cut out to be a cop, but had I chosen that path in life, I'd be so absolutely pissed about the current trend to ignore cops, cut funding for cops, etc..etc.. people using cops for target practice that I'd end up doing something stupid and get fired/jailed myself. I'd have to retire/quit, or move out to the midwest or south where criminals don't rule or burn everything for blocks when having a temper tantrum. I really don't know how you guys deal with that shit.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    If that shit happened here, they'd be rounded up, transported to the desert someplace and invited to steal as much sand and dead shit as they f@king want. I'm so glad my cousin got out of that shithole of liberal entitlement and blameshifting. Seattle is no better than any other libtard craphaven on the west coast. Come on, San Andreas! Do your duty!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe that they'd be stupid enough to break into rooms in a hotel full of every kind of cop there is. Reminds me of a movie, can't remember which, where a couple of morons walk into a packed bar. They brandish their weapons and demands everyone's money. Next thing they know is there is about 40 or so pistols pointing at them. That's when one of the morons look at the other, and says "you dumb ass, this is a cop bar"....
    We had a place like that here and I miss the hell out it and the guy that ran it (RIP Good Ole Dave, the workin' man's friend). It was called the Union Bar and it was straight-up all public safety all the time. Cops, Firefighters, EMS, and Judges and Prosecutors. Some people have tried to start shit, and it never ended well for them. We had dart leagues on Tuesday and Thursday nights and one sad crackhead got himself pelted with hammerhead darts! Another time it was the big fucking ashtray. The saloonkeeper let us all behind the bar to serve ourselves and our buddies. We had our own mugs hanging up (Well-earned after buying the first ocean of beer!), and if shit got really bad (it never did), Dave kept a Mannlicher Carcano under the lunch counter and you could help yourself to the derringer in the cash register. Dave knew your name the second time you walked through the door, always asked about your kids and always flattered the ladies. I miss that guy!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!