Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    On another note, that same hotel is right down the road from the location of a big law enforcement training center. Police, Sheriff Officers, DPS, etc statewide all go there from time to time to do all sorts of training. One example is they take an old car and put a dummy in the driver's seat and submerge the car in a lake. Usually this is done in the winter when it's cold and raining. Anyway they take the trainees out and have them drive up on the scene to practice their response and to learn life saving protocol. Yes they have to jump in the water and rescue said dummy. They do a ton of other stuff as well.

Anyway as the story goes, (again we watched the security camera footage) one of the guests at that hotel was the Chief of Police from a city a few counties over. When the maids were cleaning the rooms some other guests distracted the housekeeper and stole her master room key and handed it off. His buddy ducked inside the room and took all kinds of stuff including his laptop and a bag that had his (the Chief of Police's) Glock in it.

The local cops were called and they gave them all the information of the people that did it (they were caught on security camera) including their cel phone number. Through the magic of police work and pinging the tower where the phone was at, about an hour or two later a full SWAT raid happened at the residence where the people were.

All items were recovered without incident.

It was a clear case of "F'k around and find out" by some crackheads that thought they were smarter than the system
    I hate Glock stealing crackheads.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I hate Glock stealing crackheads.
    It's all fun and games until you get your door kicked in and get forcibly dragged out and hog tied on your own lawn by the SWAT Team.

They might be stupid but I think they realized they eff'd with the wrong guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    It's all fun and games until you get your door kicked in and get forcibly dragged out and hog tied on your own lawn by the SWAT Team.

They might be stupid but I think they realized they eff'd with the wrong guy.
    I can't believe that they'd be stupid enough to break into rooms in a hotel full of every kind of cop there is. Reminds me of a movie, can't remember which, where a couple of morons walk into a packed bar. They brandish their weapons and demands everyone's money. Next thing they know is there is about 40 or so pistols pointing at them. That's when one of the morons look at the other, and says "you dumb ass, this is a cop bar"....
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I can't believe that they'd be stupid enough to break into rooms in a hotel full of every kind of cop there is. Reminds me of a movie, can't remember which, where a couple of morons walk into a packed bar. They brandish their weapons and demands everyone's money. Next thing they know is there is about 40 or so pistols pointing at them. That's when one of the morons look at the other, and says "you dumb ass, this is a cop bar"....
    We had a place like that here and I miss the hell out it and the guy that ran it (RIP Good Ole Dave, the workin' man's friend). It was called the Union Bar and it was straight-up all public safety all the time. Cops, Firefighters, EMS, and Judges and Prosecutors. Some people have tried to start shit, and it never ended well for them. We had dart leagues on Tuesday and Thursday nights and one sad crackhead got himself pelted with hammerhead darts! Another time it was the big fucking ashtray. The saloonkeeper let us all behind the bar to serve ourselves and our buddies. We had our own mugs hanging up (Well-earned after buying the first ocean of beer!), and if shit got really bad (it never did), Dave kept a Mannlicher Carcano under the lunch counter and you could help yourself to the derringer in the cash register. Dave knew your name the second time you walked through the door, always asked about your kids and always flattered the ladies. I miss that guy!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!