My dad has for a long time talked about getting or building an AR. Usually though after a few days he just sort of goes and does other stuff, then a few months pass by and he brings it up again.

Well this last time around he started asking me questions about 'options' he would have...so I basically directed him to the link below for a complete lower. It seemed like everything he was asking for. To my surprise he ordered it.

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e...anodized-black

I definitely think it's a good option for him. It will be his first AR. Keep in mind he has always had a BUNCH of other more traditional type firearms.

Now though I want to locate an upper for him. He wants one with an 18" barrel. I personally would feel better about it if we stuck with Aero just because but I won't rule out other options.

If you guys see any 18" Aero complete uppers on sale or whatnot please direct it my way so I can pass it along.

I have always built my own rifles out and everybody here knows I dive into the deep end. But for my dad something straight forward with a free floated handguard would be perfect. That said I typically don't keep track of pricing on things unless I am shopping for something specific.

The only 'non standard' thing left to get will be a charging handle but I can handle that. He needs something with big grip areas and that is ambi. For him it's not a nice to have but rather a need to have. After his brain surgery his right hand still doesn't have all of the feeling in his finger tips like it used to. Oh, and he shoots left handed and I think is cross eye dominant but we aren't going down the lefty route for the upper.

I don't know if those uppers come with bolt carrier groups but I think a standard plain Aero phosphate (or something comparable) will be just fine.

Any help locating a good complete upper (at a competitive price) to finish things out for him would be appreciated.