Downloads
    Uploads

Warrior Poet Clinch Pick

Name:  clinch pick.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  317.5 KB

I have been thinking about these for a while now but I finally jumped on it and purchased one.

Disclaimer is that I am by no means a knife fighter, but I do think knives are pretty cool.

There are multiple versions of this knife, which is made by Shivworks for WPS. It's actually made by some guy in China for Shivworks, who I assume is the primary importer of record. None the less (despite the origins) it's a quality piece of gear. The design is great. The materials and workmanship are great as well.

There are multiple options for this knife. The gen 1 is the cheapest by a lot. I opted for the V2.0 which I would recommend. V2.0 comes in Silver or Black. The difference between Gen1 and Gen2 is the handle shape. The original has a roundish handle that lots of people say will 'roll' in your hand and it makes indexing the blade in your hand a bit more challenging. The V2.0 has a flatter handle on the sides. It is a big deal I have to admit. It lays in your palm and has a much better texture to it. I haven't stabbed anyone lately but I can definitely see the complaints that others have had about the Gen 1 handle.

There are multiple ways that this can be carried, but as for me, the most important thing is that it's comfortable and doesn't interfere with whatever else I am doing (or wearing). Plus it can be drawn in an instant without any problem. I have carried a folder on me for a long time already. I have had a folder on me literally every day for easily over a decade, but I have always wanted to figure out how to carry something fixed as well. This is the solution. Yes I could carry something else, but I don't want to be conspicuous. I am sure there are other options, but this one is definitely unique and well suited for my wants.

I am by no means a knife fighter but the doctrine behind the design here is great. If some wacko tackles you or gets up in your business, this could be a good last resort. If you haven't seen it before there are numerous videos online about how a clinch pick is used. I will link one below for you to watch.

Overall this is a unique tool, and now after handling it for a week or two I am glad I bought it. Yes it's pricey, but yes it's also good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "If some wacko tackles you or gets up in your business, this could be a good last resort."
    Just because someone tackles you and tries to steal your wallet doesn't mean you can stab him in the neck three times and watch him bleed out. I guarantee some prosecutor will make sure you get 20 to life... Good situational awareness well get you out of, or keep you out of 99% of bad situations. With that said. I would give some serious consideration to using your new blade as a neck knife, much better concealment and almost a zero chance of the BG getting to it before you do in a scuffle.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "If some wacko tackles you or gets up in your business, this could be a good last resort."
    Just because someone tackles you and tries to steal your wallet doesn't mean you can stab him in the neck three times and watch him bleed out. I guarantee some prosecutor will make sure you get 20 to life... Good situational awareness well get you out of, or keep you out of 99% of bad situations. With that said. I would give some serious consideration to using your new blade as a neck knife, much better concealment and almost a zero chance of the BG getting to it before you do in a scuffle.
    I could have sworn that your motto was "The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence."

In any case I don't go looking to get in fights over pretty much anything, but if it comes down to my death or possible charges, I will take the charges. That said my new knife is most likely going to be used for opening letters and boxes more than it will stabbing bad guys.

At the very least it's there to be able to fight to a gun should that ever happen.

I have knives I've never carried or used for anything. I have them because I like them not so much because I am some kung fu master knife guru, but that said this one is IMO a very good design.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    People carry $1,000 phones, why not an expensive knife, or writing utensil? It's not ostentatious when it sits in your pocket all day, waiting for you to use it. Open those letters in style, I say!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!