Name:  clinch pick.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  317.5 KB

I have been thinking about these for a while now but I finally jumped on it and purchased one.

Disclaimer is that I am by no means a knife fighter, but I do think knives are pretty cool.

There are multiple versions of this knife, which is made by Shivworks for WPS. It's actually made by some guy in China for Shivworks, who I assume is the primary importer of record. None the less (despite the origins) it's a quality piece of gear. The design is great. The materials and workmanship are great as well.

There are multiple options for this knife. The gen 1 is the cheapest by a lot. I opted for the V2.0 which I would recommend. V2.0 comes in Silver or Black. The difference between Gen1 and Gen2 is the handle shape. The original has a roundish handle that lots of people say will 'roll' in your hand and it makes indexing the blade in your hand a bit more challenging. The V2.0 has a flatter handle on the sides. It is a big deal I have to admit. It lays in your palm and has a much better texture to it. I haven't stabbed anyone lately but I can definitely see the complaints that others have had about the Gen 1 handle.

There are multiple ways that this can be carried, but as for me, the most important thing is that it's comfortable and doesn't interfere with whatever else I am doing (or wearing). Plus it can be drawn in an instant without any problem. I have carried a folder on me for a long time already. I have had a folder on me literally every day for easily over a decade, but I have always wanted to figure out how to carry something fixed as well. This is the solution. Yes I could carry something else, but I don't want to be conspicuous. I am sure there are other options, but this one is definitely unique and well suited for my wants.

I am by no means a knife fighter but the doctrine behind the design here is great. If some wacko tackles you or gets up in your business, this could be a good last resort. If you haven't seen it before there are numerous videos online about how a clinch pick is used. I will link one below for you to watch.

Overall this is a unique tool, and now after handling it for a week or two I am glad I bought it. Yes it's pricey, but yes it's also good.