Downloads
    Uploads

Dead Air Sierra 5

Forgive me, I had to piece meal some of the info from multiple sources. Looking forward to the official announcement from Dead Air, but it'll be hard to be that intro price they released the Sandman K with.

Name:  sierra2.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  793.1 KB

Name:  sierra.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  158.0 KB

Technical Specifications

Weight: 15.4 oz
    Length: 6.27”
    Diameter: 1.55”
    Materials: Stellite baffles, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel
    Finish: High temp Cerakote, Nitride adapter and mount
    Attachment: KeyMo (included)

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, is the knurling what's new/different about this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sandman suppressors have welded in Keymo adapter only. In the Sierra models, you can opt for Keymo or Xeno.
    Also, and I could be incorrect, with regard to the Keymo/Xeno adapter may be removable should you decide to swap ecosystems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    So, is the knurling what's new/different about this?
    Like what was already mentioned, ability to swap out between their existing 2 mounts and this is their first dedicated 5.56 can.

They offered the Sandman K at a killer intro price a few years back at launch. It's going to be hard to beat that pricing and convince people this is another can they need, so I get where you're probably coming from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not real familiar with Dead Air's product line so I was trying to figure out if there was anything really "new" here that would interest me.

Most of my cans are Griffin and I've been really happy with their taper lock system, but they also just announced a new lock-up system.

But Sig has really piqued my interest with their 3D printed cans that supposedly all but eliminate back pressure. That's a significant step forward in tech, but the cost is high for the additive manufacturing. Still, they're pushing the capability forward while the rest of the market seems to be playing around with marginal improvements on attachments. Nothing wrong with those marginal improvements, they are especially good for those just getting into cans, but, yes, for folks that are already into an existing system there needs to be a bigger jump in capability before you start replacing a whole bunch of MDs.

I know Dead Air has a great reputation and loyal customer base so I'm sure this will be well received, and flexibility / adaptability is almost always a good product strategy. I'd like knurling like that on my Griffin Revolution 9 can, as separating that thing can be a real challenge.