Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Gun/Vault Room 2.0

Been working on the new vault/gun room. If some of you remember, in my old house, I had 8 Gallowtech panels put up. However that house was limited by one wall was a window, and another wall was taken up by quad closet doors. This time, I worked within the confines of a flex room downstairs in a part of the house that had 3 of the walls poured with concrete. I've expanded the Gallowtech panels in this room. Thought I'd share some progress photos. I'm not done yet as I had make another order, and by the time it's all said and done, I'll probably have to make a 3rd order to finish out the space.

Name:  IMG_5573.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  819.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_5576 (1).jpg
Views: 298
Size:  688.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_5578.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  898.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_5553.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  833.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_5645.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  658.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_5972.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  1.20 MB
    Name:  IMG_5973.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  1.12 MB
    Name:  IMG_5974.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  1.21 MB
    Name:  IMG_5975.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  1.14 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy cow. That's awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks fantastic. Very nicely done !!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    How much is left to go? Is that about 50% of the collection on the walls? How much are tickets for the tour

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    How much is left to go? Is that about 50% of the collection on the walls? How much are tickets for the tour
    About 40 more rifles and unk handguns. I'm not sure how many handguns are still inside of the case. I could probably squeeze more but I wanted to leave some space open for vests and duty belts. Gallowtech takes up to 7-10 business days to ship once you order, so I probably won't have it all done until sometime next month. Plus this shit is expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse the mess, but it's more or less put together now... there are a few more rifles not on the wall, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Panoramic view.

Name:  IMG_6093.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  882.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude. That's awesome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, now what?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    So, now what?
    Saving up for a 2023 G05 X5M

Downloads
    Uploads
    Baller.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Baller.
    How much longer you keeping the 235? Any upgrades in your future there?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    How much longer you keeping the 235? Any upgrades in your future there?
    My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.
    I hear you. I used to have a 2000 4Runner Limited, one of the few cars I regret dumping back in the day. I don't think you can go wrong with that M40i though. Perfect blend of utility and performance. I don't think you'll miss the 235's performance if you had the M40i.

For me it's hard to justify buying anything new, because my current F15 X5 only has 19K miles on it. The wife has only turned over 20K on her '16 M235i. I guess after watching what BMW has done to the kidney grills lately, I need to get a current gen X5, before they ruin the brand. I was going to do it this year, but then I'm like ehhh, the chip shortage, which has not only increased prices, but limited some options on cars... pass for now. I also wanted to get some flat work and paver work for the house.

I guess circling around to the gunroom, Now that it's more or less done, you're right... now what? Other than move to a free state for some F/A's, I only have a handful of guns on my want list. I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.