Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just getting a thread protector? No muzzle device?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Better look at trajectories for different weight bullets. I shoot mostly sub-sonic 147-158 grains which fall off much sooner than lighter supers.

I’m thinking a zero that corresponds to a 100 yard 5.56 would be good. The POI would never be over. Quick to estimate center mass. Not so hot for close up head shots. My 74 year old eyes are center mass only.
    So the intent here isn't to make it a combat effective weapon, but instead to mimic the intrinsic height-over-bore issue that a 5.56 gun would have. This PCC will generally only be shot 25y and in in a training environment, as it's currently the only way to work close up stuff with my current range availability situation. If I can hit a full size plate at 100y with my Glock zeroed at 25y (semi-consistently, anyway), the rifle should have even less drop if I were to zero it at 25y, which would normally be a decent choice. But if I'm trying to simulate HOB and shooting a target at 15-20y, POI would pretty much match POA.

I'm thinking (and this is the question) that if I moved the zero farther out, then bullet would still be coming up at 25y and POI would lower than POA, which would be close enough for government work. I'm just not sure how flat 9mm shoots.

The round would just be 115gr ball.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For now. I only have one pistol can, which is currently configured with a 1/2x28 thread to be able to put on a Glock. With no muzzle device, if I wanted to shoot it suppressed, this makes it easy. If I wanted to add something later, I'd probably look at a 3-lug muzzle device, or if the recoil is "worse" than I'm expecting, maybe a CMT brake. But I'm thinking that may not be necessary.

This whole thing is just one big experiment, hence trying to keep the initial cost to entry down.
    Last edited by gatordev; 20 October 2022 at 07:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slight configuration change. I ended up moving the Razor over to my SR-15, which donated the NX8.

Ended up zeroing at 50y, which I think should work well. Only put 55 rounds through it due to time, but zero malfunctions so far. The recoil really is pleasant. The impulse is "more" than 5.56, but it's "slower" if that makes sense. I need to play with it more shooting off-hand. So far, so good! Now I just need to find the Magpul ladders that are somewhere in my office.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet stick!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It seems after doing actual unsupported shooting, this setup does have more muzzle flip than I was expecting during follow-up shots. It's not the end of the world, but it is more than some of my 5.56 guns. So, I'm thinking of trying a small compensator. I have two units in mind, the CMT mini 9mm and the VG6 Gamma 9mm. I've been able to find a little real world info on the VG6 but nothing on the CMT. I like the CMT price-point, and it's not like the upper needs a monstrous brake, but I also don't want to just buy something and then not have it do anything other than be louder.

Anyone used either versions in 9mm?

CMT Version

VG6 Gamma 9mm version

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin has the Hammer comp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Griffin has the Hammer comp.
    That looks a lot like a BCM Gunfighter. Any idea if this is worth 2-3 times more than the CMT?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    That looks a lot like a BCM Gunfighter. Any idea if this is worth 2-3 times more than the CMT?
    I have one in 5.56 but that's only because that is all that was available at the time. Honestly I didn't even look at the prices. I just know it exists and they have mounts for it that can (I think) fit other suppressors (not just their own).

If you won't be running any kind of can I wouldn't bother, but if you have a 9mm can it might be worth looking at their Plan A or other type of adapters they offer to see if anything fits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one in 5.56 but that's only because that is all that was available at the time. Honestly I didn't even look at the prices. I just know it exists and they have mounts for it that can (I think) fit other suppressors (not just their own).

If you won't be running any kind of can I wouldn't bother, but if you have a 9mm can it might be worth looking at their Plan A or other type of adapters they offer to see if anything fits.
    Yeah, I only have one pistol can (an Omega 45K), so the mount doesn't buy me anything. The video on Griffin's site does have a few seconds of that mount on a much shorter 9mm PCC, and it's "okay" on muzzle control. That gives me an idea of what the CMT device will do. I may just give that a shot since it's a decent price point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Yeah, I only have one pistol can (an Omega 45K), so the mount doesn't buy me anything.
    This was what I was talking about... Maybe I am just misreading your response.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan...d-suppressors/

https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan...d-suppressors/

If you get one of those for your suppressor plus the actual 9mm muzzle device you have the option to suppress it with the can you already own.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you get one of those for your suppressor plus the actual 9mm muzzle device you have the option to suppress it with the can you already own.
    You read correctly, I just didn't dig deep enough into the Griffin website to find that adapter. I ended up ordering the CMT, but if it doesn't work out, I'll keep this in mind. I'm not sure how much I will want to suppress this, but it's good to have options.

Once again, thanks for the links. This build ended up turning out nicely with your assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Small update...the CMT brake provided a noticeable difference in muzzle flip. It's not exactly like a 5.56 gun, but it's pretty darn close.