Downloads
    Uploads

Firearms Torture Tests?

I ran across this article that talks about a Sig 365 that had over 100,000 rounds shot through it with only two failures. It was quite impressive. This was done by using it as a rental gun in a busy location.

https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/s...d-torture-test

I love watching IV8888's meltdown videos but to me this 'gun rental torture test' is a lot more realistic especially for a handgun. Same thing for guns that are thrown off of a 5 story building or drug behind a truck or whatever. It's interesting, but not something I would generally do to a gun.

Do any of you have insight/sources/experience with any kind of gun that has been exceptional under such conditions? By 'any' I mean rifle or handgun, any make or any model. If so please share experiences and/or links if you have them. It's not limited to just pistols so almost anything you can come up with is ok. Pretty much the only parameter is it needs to be something attainable to the average gun owner. In other words those old Ma Deuce 50 cal machine guns aren't really what I am asking about. Just something that an average consumer can get their hands on...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard to come up with "torture test" data that doesn't involve the firearm being frozen into a block of ice, caked with mud and sand, or blown-up. For nominal condition, durability information, I'd look for anything released by Battlefield Las Vegas. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't just a machine gun rental range, although that's what put them on the map, they rent a lot of different guns. They should be a repository of longevity data that I would imagine much of the firearms industry would be after. I doubt the guns are babied, yet get regular maintenance and see extremely high round counts. I've read discussions in which things like bolts last far beyond the stated lifespan. For example, I was always told to start looking for things like broken lugs around 5-7k rounds, but that is heavily dependent on maker and materials used with some bolts lasting over 20k rounds with nothing more than routine cleaning and lubrication.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    It's hard to come up with "torture test" data that doesn't involve the firearm being frozen into a block of ice, caked with mud and sand, or blown-up. For nominal condition, durability information, I'd look for anything released by Battlefield Las Vegas. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't just a machine gun rental range, although that's what put them on the map, they rent a lot of different guns. They should be a repository of longevity data that I would imagine much of the firearms industry would be after. I doubt the guns are babied, yet get regular maintenance and see extremely high round counts. I've read discussions in which things like bolts last far beyond the stated lifespan. For example, I was always told to start looking for things like broken lugs around 5-7k rounds, but that is heavily dependent on maker and materials used with some bolts lasting over 20k rounds with nothing more than routine cleaning and lubrication.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it even exists but to me that is the best way to test out a firearm. Simply just catalog what happens with rental guns and what needs to be replaced or fixed.

It might not make for a cool YouTube video (depending on who does it and what format) but the final data would be interesting for sure.