I ran across this article that talks about a Sig 365 that had over 100,000 rounds shot through it with only two failures. It was quite impressive. This was done by using it as a rental gun in a busy location.

https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/s...d-torture-test

I love watching IV8888's meltdown videos but to me this 'gun rental torture test' is a lot more realistic especially for a handgun. Same thing for guns that are thrown off of a 5 story building or drug behind a truck or whatever. It's interesting, but not something I would generally do to a gun.

Do any of you have insight/sources/experience with any kind of gun that has been exceptional under such conditions? By 'any' I mean rifle or handgun, any make or any model. If so please share experiences and/or links if you have them. It's not limited to just pistols so almost anything you can come up with is ok. Pretty much the only parameter is it needs to be something attainable to the average gun owner. In other words those old Ma Deuce 50 cal machine guns aren't really what I am asking about. Just something that an average consumer can get their hands on...