Downloads
    Uploads

SHOT Show 2023 - CHPWS - EDC optic

So CHPWS (known for its pistol optic mounting plates) is launching three new "CH Optics" at this year's show. I'm going to do a different thread about each of them.

The first I'll talk about is the "EDC". This is comparable in size to the Holoson 407/507K (but with a larger window) and was designed with the Glock 48/43 size pistol in mind.

It will come with either a 3 MOA red dot, a 3 MOA green dot, or a multi-reticle with the ability to do just a 3 MOA dot, or a 34 MOA circle, or both - I believe the multi will be available only in red since they list only three SKUs.

Some of the features include:

- side batter compartment so that it doesn't need to be removed to change batteries
    - 50,000 hours battery life with a CR 1632 battery. This is achieved partly through its smart power management with an auto-off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but then a "shake awake" auto-on.
    - 10 levels of brightness with the first two as night vision compatible
    - waterproof tested at 1 meter for 30 minutes.

The ones I played with in the booth had very clear glass.

The target MSRP will be less than well-known competitors, but I don't have a solid number for you all yet.

Name:  CH-EDC-shelf01-1200-B3.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  242.2 KBName:  CH-EDC-shelf02-1200-B3.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  221.5 KBName:  CH-EDC-shelf03-1200-B3.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  211.4 KBName:  CH-EDC-glock01-1200-B3.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  686.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a nice optic no doubt but putting one a currently owned pistol seems to be a money pit. Slide cut or new slide, optic, new sights, new holster, et,etc. Your looking at around 1K...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.