Thread: Cool product...

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool product...

I bought a product that I didn't even know I needed. It looks awesome, that is IF you ever clean your AR.

It's in no way new, but I had never heard of it or seen it before.

Tell me what you guys think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered it. The pivot lock tool looks like it would be used more often, but for $20 I’ll take a flyer on the bore guide.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I just ordered it. The pivot lock tool looks like it would be used more often, but for $20 I’ll take a flyer on the bore guide.
    Agreed on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Cool!
    Late night shopping on a cold and rainy night when you can't sleep is usually not a good thing. For $20 though it can't hurt to try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting. Free shipping with Amazon Prime.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys clean your guns?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using the Dewey Link for years, along with a boreguide (sometimes, at least for my "nice" AR barrels)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a decent product but I also use the Dewey kit that I bought like 10 years ago. This isnt a new concept but looks like it has imroved on the design a little bit. The well, below where you insert the rod and wet patch is a nice addition as the Dewey bore guide is flat faced and squeezes out oil as you put a wet patch down it. Here is the Dewey for comparison:
    https://deweyrods.com/product/comple...t-36-inch-rod/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started out trying to be a clean freak. Now, not so much.

That said I bought an armorer's block finally and it has a feature where it can be clamped in a vice while holding the gun by the mag well.

With that in hand cleaning the bore will be much easier. Hence this was bought to accompany that.

Even if I don't use it all the time when I need it I need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I've been using the Dewey Link for years, along with a boreguide (sometimes, at least for my "nice" AR barrels)

Cool. I figured these guys were not the first ones to think of this idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, putting the Link in the weapon while it is mounted in a lower receiver vice block is my favorite way to run a rod through an AR. If I need to run a patch at the range I usually have my MTM "Tactical Range Box" which has has forks to hold the weapon while I still use the link to hold the top half open at an angle. They are convenient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that's neat, added to cart. I used to be a clean freak too which is IMO, a leftover institutionalization from the Army. But now? I only do the ore and barrel when I start noticing the accuracy degrade. I know the precision guys religiously squeaky clean their F class bolt guns, sometimes during the lull in matches even. But my AR's seem to like the fouling up to a certain point, then it's time to clean.

Ya I know, CSB from the new guy with his 1st post an all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Now that's neat, added to cart. I used to be a clean freak too which is IMO, a leftover institutionalization from the Army. But now? I only do the ore and barrel when I start noticing the accuracy degrade. I know the precision guys religiously squeaky clean their F class bolt guns, sometimes during the lull in matches even. But my AR's seem to like the fouling up to a certain point, then it's time to clean.

Ya I know, CSB from the new guy with his 1st post an all.
    I had a "wake up" call a year or so ago when my I took my primary HD weapon to the range and it went "click" instead of "boom" on the first shot. Had gone way too long without cleaning and I shoot suppressed so it was incredibly fouled up. Cleaned it and it ran like a top again. To think that I could have grabbed it when I really needed it in that state. Shame on my complacency. So, while I haven't gone back to full up clean freak, I won't be going a few thousand rounds and a few years in between cleanings any more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I had a "wake up" call a year or so ago when my I took my primary HD weapon to the range and it went "click" instead of "boom" on the first shot. Had gone way too long without cleaning and I shoot suppressed so it was incredibly fouled up. Cleaned it and it ran like a top again. To think that I could have grabbed it when I really needed it in that state. Shame on my complacency. So, while I haven't gone back to full up clean freak, I won't be going a few thousand rounds and a few years in between cleanings any more.
    I do a wipe down and re-lube every once in a while but not a an arms room turn-in OCD clean in every crevice possible. I clean the chamber and pull apart the BCG looking for anything broke or about to break, including the gas rings to make sure that they're still sealing. But unless the barrel is looking funky I'll just boresnake it once and leave things be until accuracy starts to degrade.