Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie Introduction

Thanks again for having me, hopefully I can contribute or pass the time with here and there.

About myself:

21 year retired US Army veteran. Three combat deployments, was shot at a bunch but never got a chance to return fire. I am still suffering from one VBIED that gave me a documented TBI (as well as some missing teeth). My door is open 24/7 to anyone going through problems and need an ear to vent at.

Avid shooter who still tries to continuously evolve. A class at Gunsite had re-forged the fire within me to progress and not stay stagnant. I have met some great people there, especially with Freddie Blish and Lew Gosnell. I am friends with Alan Normandy of Battlecomp (local to me) and Evan Moyer of Shoot Steel. I listen to what Ash Hess and Jason Seehafer has to say even when I don't agree, and am a fan of Roger Wang's work in the industry.

I don't care for the caliber wars, Glock versus 1911 versus wheel gun bickering's, or the brand battles because I consider all of it idiotic, divisional, and useless. I treat everyone as I would in person, with respect until they've unearned that by being disrespectful. I'm allergic to edginess, trolls who project themselves, people who cannot refrain from superimposing themselves, and mall operators. I prefer to not buy made in China parts, accessories, and optics. I also believe in live and let live, meaning if someone wants to arm themselves with something that I don't like, I think none of it but will only interfere because of safety reasons like small of the back carry as an example. I absolutely do not like people trying to tell me what to own, what to carry, what I only need, what I don't need, and whatever else for BS. I tune those types out to be honest because they're no longer relevant IMO.

One trivial thing about me before closing:

Inside my range bag I will always have a Model 10-5 with me, that I probably will not fire much if at all. It's my memorial gun to a departed friend who passed from stage 4 that he had gotten most likely from Desert Storm while serving in the USN. If I take that gun with me (he bequeathed this gun to me in his will after he had passed) then in my mind I am still taking him shooting with me. That's the gun he loved to OWB carry to the range and shoot all the time.

Once again, thank you for accepting me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your Service! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Welcome !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah man. Welcome to the fold.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the forum. While this crowd doesn't tend to get into brand / caliber debates, it's generally a group that values quality and recognizes that it's ok just to want something because you want it. I'm with you on the MiC preference...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I don't care for the caliber wars, Glock versus 1911 versus wheel gun.
    Get one of each, of course. All kidding aside, welcome and thanks for the intro!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for the kind words.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your service and welcome. Glad you decided to park a seat here!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard! I agree with the one of each approach pull up that chair, crack a beer and enjoy the banter. This is a good place.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! This site is totally unlike most of the others, we accept people as they are and understand they like what what they like and dont try to change peoples minds. Most of the guys here like higher end gear with durability and quality in mind so we dont mind paying a little more for high end stuff. Dont let the slower activity levels at times fool you, there are alot of guys who just enjoy stopping by and reading but dont post that much.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always nice to welcome a new member who has his ego in check and looks to know more than me about gun stuff.

Some great guys have disappeared in the last few years and we lost our site mascot - the lovable Luis a while back. We are small, but choice. You will enjoy the excellent signal to noise ratio here. A big bonus is the various photo threads. Some top pro and near pro camera folks who don’t humiliate us iPhone-limited posters.

Just for grins here is my all time favorite photo. One of our members who has been there and done that more than most.
    Name:  358DAC91-CFFD-4C8E-B4F9-8DFE31F2FDA7.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  625.8 KB
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the kind words, but I'm pretty low speed compared to so many and have noticed that there's more signal than noise over here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. Everybody here are great people. I have learned a lot from these guys and they are also very generous.