Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

If You Could Only Have 5 More...

The looming ban in my state... should be Wed/Thurs by the time it comes into law, got me thinking. If I could buy only 5 more guns before the law takes effect.

Even though I technically have a few more days to buy additional weapons, lowers, etc... I don't plan on it. I've already burned through a ton of cash picking up some last minute additions (HK SP5K, B&T APC223, Zenith MP5, Riley Defense AK, Sig Spear LT, massive amount of AR parts, etc) There are a few more I was thinking about but I didn't get around to. It'll have to wait until I own another house in another state. So here's my list if I had to buy 5 more weapons before a ban. No particular order.

1. HK53 or clone
    2. AK in 7.62x39 SBR
    3. Sig Sauer Spear LT 11" SBR (I snagged a 16" before the deadline)
    4. M1 Garand
    5. Benelli M4

What's left on your want list?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly I am fine without however if the right deal came along that I could fund without question, then it would be in no particular order at all:

G21 Gen 5 MOS
    G17 Gen 5 MOS
    G19 Gen 5 MOS
    SA 1911 Professional Light Rail 9x19
    SA Helion
    FCD LRF (SOLGW) lower receiver
    Colt Junior 25 ACP
    Colt 6920
    Colt 6720
    Colt M16A1 Retro Reissue
    Colt XM177E2 Retro Carbine
    FN 15 Military Collector
    S&W M&P9 2.0 Compact
    FAL

Definitely more than 5 there but whatevs
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 23 April 2023 at 21:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the same boat.

My wish list is:

Scorpion
    X95
    FAL
    Sig 550

i don't need any of those and would likely hardly ever shoot them if I had them, which is why I don't have them, but they are ones that I suspect i would eventually pick up. Of course, I'd also like to have an M87, M249S, and M240.

I'm not positive, but I think you'll still be able to get that M1 Garand. And, you will still be able to get a Benelli M4 if you choose a standard (no pistol grip, not collapsible) stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot about the FAL. It was the one gun I could not find to help cross a gun to shoot bucket list for my departed seabee vet friend, Mike.

Fuck cancer, and even if I have to do it by proxy, I'm going to get one or try to find an owner willing to let me shoot theirs at least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Garand is seriously on the ban list?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just trying to figure out how UW does NOT have a Garand.

Why do you hate America?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how UW does NOT have a Garand.

Why do you hate America?
    LOL... dude you got me. It was always on the list of stuff to get, but I figured who's going to ban a Garand?!?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I may be missing at this point is a shotgun. M4 or 1301 Tactical would be my choice but even though I have been mulling this one over for a few years I am having a hard time convincing myself that a shotgun is better than my SBR or will do something much better. I have actually been thinning the herd a little and doing individual rifle upgrades as needed. Training and skills have been put to the top of the list. If I had your gun room UW, I would probably get shot in the face in a bad situation trying to figure out which firearm I was going to grab... Hahahaha... So here is my list: 1. Training/skills 2. Mindset 3. Have a plan, A-B-C 4. Keep it simple and effective 5. Stay frosty: I know my list isnt actual firearms but when more government over reach is loomimg I dont necessarily beleive more firearms will serve me well. Im not trying to be a thread crapper but its just where I am at this point in my life...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stone that's kind of where my mind was going a year or two ago as my gun safe was starting to overflow. Yet, when faced with the prospect of "now or never" you start asking yourself "what will I kick myself for in 10 years?". I remember the days of wood crates full of Chinese AKs for $350 each.

Speaking of shotguns, the Berretta A300 patrol is making waves for a great semi-auto shotgun that comes in under a grand.

UW, I read HB1240 again and I don't think the Garand get's roped into it. It's not on the by-name list and general definition has a detachable magazine as the baseline feature AND one of the other features, or a fixed mag that holds greater than 10 rounds. So, you can get your CMP on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have three wants left.

A third HK VP9, used and cheap, for my spare long slide.
    A quality 16-18” rifle gas match .308 AR barrel to replace the current Faxon.
    And if gold goes to $3K and my stocks quadruple, A Triji Snipe-IR thermal clip-on
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig spear lt
    Scar16
    Benelli m4 or Beretta 1300
    Pistols glocks especially
    Soon all these can be a reality because I just sold my house and I'm moving to South Carolina in July.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Sig spear lt
    Scar16
    Soon all these can be a reality because I just sold my house and I'm moving to South Carolina in July.
    Dude congrats man! Good to see you bail out of NY. I love upstate, but like most blue states, you're controlled by 1 city.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on finally getting out of that state!! Its been a long time coming to say the least.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig spear lt
    Scar16
    Congrats! We have people moving here that went out and bought FJB t-shirts and hats and wear them around town for the first couple of weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig spear lt
    Scar16
    Holler at your boy lol

What part

I met and became good friends with a guy who moved here from San Diego about ten years ago or so. Was showing him the ropes at the range one day as far as ARs go, and during group/zero time on the bench, he was bound and determined to use 30rd mags despite a short mag being more convenient….he could finally use one and by god he was gonna do it.