It's a 40 hour weeklong course with one extra long day being Thursday for the night shoot portion. Pistols are their bread and butter however that is not all they just do of course. Depending on what they are, some are just one day, two day, three days, or in our case an entire week. The same purchased class is also the same amount of hours.

There is lodging there and campgrounds as well, all onsite. And there are lodgings in the towns nearby as well. Yavapai County is where Embry Riddle is, so there be lots of hotels, motels, along with Airbnb & B&B because it is a vacation area of sorts.

https://www.gunsite.com/about-us/lod...nsite-academy/

No, you are not but they do offer packages for students to purchase as a matter of convenience. There are ban states that make it very hard to buy ammo in person or online or those who don't want to be inconvenienced bringing their own. I was asked if I had wanted to go by their CEO and had two weeks notice. Thankfully I had everything but the frangible but if I could not get in time, well they happen to have it for purchase just in case.

My opinion was to help make it easier on the student's wallet, as well as maximizing their experience by getting a deal made with the manufacturer for reduced cost duty ammunition. This way the student could actually run it while there and know how to use that gun with the actual ammunition that will be carried by them daily. The cops and fed boys who were with us were using issued duty ammo at the taxpayer expense because that's what their bosses wanted them to be using and there is validity to it. I feel that civilians and those with departments that are short on funds a great option to make the best of it.

And considering that I do live in the area, you or anyone here (since this is a rather small group posting) can stay at my place if so desired and short on funds. It'll be an hours drive with plenty of time to spare if you're like me, because I like leaving early with enough F off time to do last minute PCC's while there before the fun begins. So realistically, 30 to 45 minutes doing a few country miles. I know Ken, I know Freddie, Lew, and others. I was personally invited to a seminar this past Tuesday and a cookout for the 223 class this past Thursday as well.

Blue Force Gear had sent two of their sales reps there to attend the entire Vet 223 class and they had some awesome free kit and swag for everyone. Myself included was gifted things, despite not taking part of. Nice guys, both retired senior NCO's and career Rangers. I was a bit jealous even though I was gifted leftover stuff too, because all we got from my class was a visit from the boss man of Simply Rugged and a one time only discount code just for our class to use