Thread: Overlanding

Downloads
    Uploads

Overlanding

Got into this last year and currently building out the truck to be able to go on 2-3 week off-grid excursions. Recently did a trip to Moab for 7 days and had a blast. I have a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road that is pretty much stock but that will change over time. So far I have put on a set of billie bars to carry my roof top tent and done a rear seat delete to open up storage. Installed a Midland MXT 275 GMRS radio and a Yaesu FTM-500 DR UHF/VHF Mobile Ham radio along with a Yaesu FT-891 HF Ham radio in a self contained box. Have a dual battery setup under the hood with a 90w solar panel on the hood. Running BuiltRight Industries seat back hard molle panels to keep the rifle and med kits readily available.

We hit moab and it was 5 days on BLM land no pavement no cell signal. While camping on the canyon tops pulled out the HF radio and was able to get contacts over into Europe. Hopefully this coming year will be able to do a few more mods to the truck. Looking to do a 2.5" lift along with 33" wheels for a little more ground clearance. Rock sliders and full skids along with high clearance front and rear bumpers. Also looking to build out some drawer slides for the bed to make organization a lot better.

I would upload some pics from the moab trip but can't seem to figure how to attach pics.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I watch a ton of videos about this. Looks awesome.

The closest I've come to doing it was I spent two months camping out on the South Island of New Zealand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to be able to take a trip down there are even over into Australia for a 2 week excursion.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I would love to be able to take a trip down there are even over into Australia for a 2 week excursion.
    If you ever get the time to go, hit me up. I lived in Australia about 3 years or so.