Downloads
    Uploads

Any Fisherman here.....

Just to take a quick break from firearms, any fisherman here? I like it all, salt, freshwater, farmponds, rod and reel, flyfishing you name it. As a matter of fact going out to CA in May to do some salwater stuff with a bud. Also like the kids derbies our Flyfishing club puts on for the kids. They come from all walks of life and ability, and it's a pretty fun time. Share your story whether it's Tarpon, Shark, Tuna, giant Grouper, Trout, Bass, or just sitting on the bank with your kids, doesn't matter if you run and gun with a 100K bass boat or fish in the family pond with a zebco and a sixpack, post your stories, interests, pics or whatever turns you on.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely like fishing but I have not been in a while. I went to college in Hawaii and went fishing at least 3 times per week.

Lately I've had so many other things going on that I haven't been. Honestly I got spoiled fishing in Hawaii but going to the rivers and lakes around me here in TX is still fun.

All that being said here in TX I prefer going out on boats. In the ocean if I go out in boats I get massively sea sick.

I've also done a fair bit of spear fishing but not any time recently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Definitely like fishing but I have not been in a while. I went to college in Hawaii and went fishing at least 3 times per week.

Lately I've had so many other things going on that I haven't been. Honestly I got spoiled fishing in Hawaii but going to the rivers and lakes around me here in TX is still fun.

All that being said here in TX I prefer going out on boats. In the ocean if I go out in boats I get massively sea sick.

I've also done a fair bit of spear fishing but not any time recently.
    Cool. I was always afraid of spear fishing. Afraid it'd draw sharks. Especially when I lived in CA. I figured if the sharks liked munching on surfers occasionally, a snorkler dragging a bloody fish would be like a piece of homemade candy.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I fish pretty much anything, but my favorite is heading to the pond at the local golf course (It's out of bounds). Catch up a bigass mess of bluegill, crappie and rock bass and clean forever, dip in beer/egg wash and panko batter. Mmmmmmmmm-M! Them's good eatin!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I fish pretty much anything, but my favorite is heading to the pond at the local golf course (It's out of bounds). Catch up a bigass mess of bluegill, crappie and rock bass and clean forever, dip in beer/egg wash and panko batter. Mmmmmmmmm-M! Them's good eatin!
    Love me some panfish! Need some hush puppies and fried tater's with that. Wash it down with some Iced Tea or ice cold brew. Mmmmm, just thinking about it makes me hungry.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mostly fish late in the summer when it gets real hot here. I like getting in the lakes and rivers and sneakin up behind them! Walking the weed beds about 30 feet out from the banks is a blast, I have caught some really big largemouth bass and northern pikes this way. I have a Creek Cooler I pull behind me which holds my tackle box, water, lunch and bait. There is a spring fed river about an hour south of me which is a blast to fish when its super hot and the water levels are just right. I park off the highway, trek down a hill and walk a spring fed creek which feeds into the river. I turn and walk upstream about a mile and a half then slowly float/walk and fish back downstream. I catch walleye, sauger, red eye, nortern pikes, huge smallmouth and more! The folks in canoes that go by look at me like im crazy but approaching fishing like a river otter is a friggen blast!

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_2825.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  321.3 KB

Me and my daughter... We caught at least 60+ fish that day!
    Last edited by Stone; 9 April 2024 at 09:32.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a blast. I've fished rivers in eastern KY that way. It is fun!
    NRA Life Member