Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul UBR?

Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul UBR?

Hey Stick, nice site! I have enjoyed your photography and am hoping this may be a place to discuss your gear and technique.

I emailed Magpul a few months ago about the UBR and they made it sound like it would be available soon. Do you have any insight on this? Looks like a great product...

So, are we the only firearm photogs here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe not a photog, but I try...

thmpr Guest
    I wonder if DD will ever release a DD Lower. As for the UBR, prefer the M93B stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    JTrusty, nice photos! What was the light source for these? They look good converted to grayscale too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Hey Stick, nice site! I have enjoyed your photography and am hoping this may be a place to discuss your gear and technique.

I emailed Magpul a few months ago about the UBR and they made it sound like it would be available soon. Do you have any insight on this? Looks like a great product...
    A. I would debate whether I have any real technique, its more a matter of I see pictures in my head, and try to duplicate them.

2. The UBR release date isn't going to be posted on a board until its 100% carved in stone. Magpul has given good faith estimates in the past, and has been crucified by people who have never had to work without outside companies in order to develop a product to fruition. Sadly, Magpul learned an ugly lesson, and is no longer willing to give rough time frames.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The UBR release date isn't going to be posted on a board until its 100% carved in stone. Magpul has given good faith estimates in the past, and has been crucified by people who have never had to work without outside companies in order to develop a product to fruition. Sadly, Magpul learned an ugly lesson, and is no longer willing to give rough time frames.
    That is understandable. I'm looking to de-AWB by BM M4gery (which will remain in A2/KISS configuration) and am still in a spin about which stock to go with. Your write-ups on this site are quite helpful, and your detailed photos even more so. I don't mind spending the $$ for good stuff, so the LMT SOPMOD is under consideration too. One objective for this rifle is to keep it light, and I know the UBR is heavier than the CTR. Weight-wise, how does the LMT stock compare?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see pictures in my head, and try to duplicate them.
    It's better than hearing voices in your head and doing what they tell you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post

[

This pic should be in Playboy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    JTrusty, nice photos! What was the light source for these? They look good converted to grayscale too.
    Edit/Delete Message
    Thanks! I used four ( 3 indirect and 1 direct ) diffused 150 watt lamps.

This pic should be in Playboy!
    Thanks! Even the best laid plans aren't always enough, sometimes you just have to count on lady luck and a bit of post processing with Photoshop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is understandable. I'm looking to de-AWB by BM M4gery (which will remain in A2/KISS configuration) and am still in a spin about which stock to go with. Your write-ups on this site are quite helpful, and your detailed photos even more so. I don't mind spending the $$ for good stuff, so the LMT SOPMOD is under consideration too. One objective for this rifle is to keep it light, and I know the UBR is heavier than the CTR. Weight-wise, how does the LMT stock compare?
    Here's a list GotM4 made on another site:

I don't have a plastic CAR stock. But I've weighed the following:

These are just the stock bodies no buffer, spring, receiver extension or nut and plate.

CTR stock 7.56oz
    CTR stock w/rubber pad 8.79oz
    VLTOR stock non-clubfoot 7.76oz
    VLTOR E-MOD 13.81oz
    LMT M4 stock 6.80oz
    LMT SOPMOD stock 11.05oz
    TS

Downloads
    Uploads

I think we are incredibly close....

I continue to shoot and abuse mine, and I continue to be impressed. The production model will incorporate a new generation of features over my UBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we are incredibly close....

I continue to shoot and abuse mine, and I continue to be impressed. The production model will incorporate a new generation of features over my UBR.
    I hope I like it as much as I like the M93B I just put on my newest lower... I'm sure the UBR is sturdy...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    I hope I like it as much as I like the M93B I just put on my newest lower... I'm sure the UBR is sturdy...

TS

Its not a fair comparison to the M93 series to hold it up against the UBR.

The UBR doesn't have anything else on the market like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not a fair comparison to the M93 series to hold it up against the UBR.

The UBR doesn't have anything else on the market like it.
    It must be nice if the M93B doesn't touch it. I see a UBR in my future provided they have them in OD or Coyote Brown instead of, or as well as, Foliage and FDE.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would expect to see OD Green UBRs.