I am most assuredly a "handgunner" first and foremost. I've had my concealed carry license for 28 years and have been an active competitor in multiple handgun disciplines. Though I remain a fan of the k-frame S&W revolvers (and carry my 3-inch model 66 on occasion), over the last 5 years my G17 has become my favorite handgun. I have now shot it more than any other handgun I have ever owned and feel confident in both the pistol and my skill to use it.

I used to carry the Glock in an old deSantis "FBI" laminate holster, but have just started using the Blackhawk SERPA. Some have proclaimed the SERPA as "dangerous" because of some reports of users shooting themselves on the draw. After hours of "dry drawing" my Glock I have come to the conclusion that the reported accidents are due entirely to incompetent handling of the firearm. At least in my case, the release latch on the SERPA does not make my finger enter the trigger guard any sooner than the deSantis holster - when I intentionally place it there.

Pictured below is my G17 in the SERPA holster, secured by a Wilderness laminate belt. What are your favorite carry guns?

For you photogs; Canon 10d, Canon 17-40/4L, Bogen 3001 tripod with Kirk BH-3 ballhead, 1.3 seconds at f/8, self-timer and mirror lock up. Photo taken indoors, indirect light under skylight.