Page 238 of 248 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect one factor is the Chicom Flu disrupting supply chains internationally. How many sources are there for fine lenses and other optic components? Do their home countries have restrictive work rules? Are their social welfare programs lucrative enough to incentivize workers staying home?

Possibly the increased demand for low end optics for new gun owners plays a role. Slow down production on the quality lines and step it up on the budget end.

How about slow international shipping of parts creating a backlog for parts? That’s all I can think of offhand.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What I don't get is the optics shortage.

As if there is legislation coming down to ban optics.
    My guess is folks are just fully equipping their new stuff. I know personally I've also been buying gear like slings and WMLs and need a new optic for my EPC and would like an RMR. I don't like having guns that are missing the basics or require canibalizing parts from other builds in order to shoot (e.g., I have more uppers than I have BCGs). After a certain number of stripped lowers in the safe, you kind of start buying other stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    My guess is folks are just fully equipping their new stuff. I know personally I've also been buying gear like slings and WMLs and need a new optic for my EPC and would like an RMR. I don't like having guns that are missing the basics or require canibalizing parts from other builds in order to shoot (e.g., I have more uppers than I have BCGs). After a certain number of stripped lowers in the safe, you kind of start buying other stuff.
    Could be, but I've also noticed higher end stuff is hard to find, Razor 1-10's, NF Optics, as well as Aimpoints and EoTechs, but that could be like what Phil mentioned, supply chain disruptions.

I agree, I outfit all of my guns completely... well most of them anyway. I don't want to re-zero or have firearms not setup ready to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That’s pretty much where I’m at, other than waiting for stamps to clear. Offset red dot, mount, and an Owl are all on my short list.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be, but I've also noticed higher end stuff is hard to find
    Well, I don't think it's the poors who are driving the prices this high.

What does surprise me is that there really hasn't been a run on mags. If you need imported "high capacity" magazines, I'd suggest you cover that base now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be, but I've also noticed higher end stuff is hard to find, Razor 1-10's, NF Optics, as well as Aimpoints and EoTechs, but that could be like what Phil mentioned, supply chain disruptions.
    Back when I was on the hunt for a Razor 1-10, Vortex was saying the hold up was Asia. I believe NF is having the same issues, along with their DoD contract they recently won. When I was contemplating getting another ATACR a few months ago, Sonny at NF confirmed they were back-logged 6 months, and didn't argue when I was supposed that it was due to their contract. (Also, sadly, FDE is not available, even for mil/LE purchasing...rats).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah anyone who imports optics from Asia (pretty much everyone) is having a hell of time with backorders. Plus the US ports are understaffed due to covid and container ships are sitting waiting to be unloaded for weeks. Also raw material are hard to get so that’s an added factor. The appliance world is going through the same thing, my great uncle owns a furniture store and he has over a million in inventory sitting on a ship waiting to be processed.

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Back when I was on the hunt for a Razor 1-10, Vortex was saying the hold up was Asia. I believe NF is having the same issues, along with their DoD contract they recently won. When I was contemplating getting another ATACR a few months ago, Sonny at NF confirmed they were back-logged 6 months, and didn't argue when I was supposed that it was due to their contract. (Also, sadly, FDE is not available, even for mil/LE purchasing...rats).
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    MRO's for $350, which I haven't seen in a long time.

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...9929003baf822a

Downloads
    Uploads
    MRO's for $350, which I haven't seen in a long time.

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...9929003baf822a
    I feel like I should buy one just to feel like its 2018 again when things were good

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best Price I've seen on a Type 2 RM06 in awhile:

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/produc...5-moa-red-dot/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Memorial Day Sale

LMT complete upper 1599$

https://lmtdefense.com/product/shovelnose/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lowest price I've seen on a Type 2 RMR in a long time. Even if it is the 1 MOA version.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-1...3318-160015596

Downloads
    Uploads
    10% off at SLR's 4th of July sale

https://slrrifleworks.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Presample Depot is advertising FDE SFs on their IG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dark Angel is having a 25% off flash sale if anyone needs to stock up on hole plugging kit

https://darkangelmedical.com/

My wife took their trauma course when they came to WA last year. I figured I'm the one most likely to have holes that need plugging so having her trained would be a good thing. She liked the class but now she want's TQs everywhere.