Page 242 of 248 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Going on business day 5 since receiving a shipping notice (shipping label created and invoice saying "Shipped") and still no delivery to UPS. I sent an email yesterday and awaiting a response. Calling isn't an option with AU. I don't remember having issues with AU in the past when ordering a firearm once I got the shipping notice, so I'm getting a bit annoyed. I'm not sure what the threshold is for reaching out to the credit card company without a response from AU...7 business days?
    Yeah if 7 days go by after I have called and emailed them I whack them with a dispute CC charge, phuck em...

AU does have a phone number BTW...

Open: Monday-Thursday 9am - 3pm and Fridays 9am - 1pm Pacific Time
    Closed: Saturday and Sunday
    Phone: 702-209-3928
    Sales Inquiries - sales@armsunlimited.com

Henderson, NV:
    2061 Pabco Rd
    Henderson NV 89011
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Going on business day 5 since receiving a shipping notice (shipping label created and invoice saying "Shipped") and still no delivery to UPS. I sent an email yesterday and awaiting a response. Calling isn't an option with AU. I don't remember having issues with AU in the past when ordering a firearm once I got the shipping notice, so I'm getting a bit annoyed. I'm not sure what the threshold is for reaching out to the credit card company without a response from AU...7 business days?
    WHy isn't calling an option? 702-209-3928

Their own website says if you haven't seen any tracking data 48 hours after receiving a shipping notice you should email them. They also imply a one-business day response on email.

Was Las Vegas area disrupted by the storm last week? I know I had at least one package delayed by UPS due to weather issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They responded to the email yesterday so the 24 hour turnaround was true. I had previously emailed them about receiving the FFL and never got a response other than the automated shipping notice (which was good enough for me). Regardless, apparently it was finally picked up yesterday by UPS. Why it took that long, I don't know. I get the feeling that AU was kind of a side hustle that got popular, but maybe I'm wrong.

You can call all you want, but it goes straight to the automated message and there's no VM. But they did answer the email and UPS shows it moving, so all is good now. The next wicket will be to see what I actually get (NOS, new stock, etc).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad it got sorted out. My impression has always been positive about AU.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've actually never seen M&P complete frames for sale in any kind of quantity.

https://aimsurplus.com/trade-in-s-w-...eid=8dfbf207f6

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've actually never seen M&P complete frames for sale in any kind of quantity.

https://aimsurplus.com/trade-in-s-w-...eid=8dfbf207f6
    I'm tempted to pick up a frame or two, but then I'd have to spend a thousand dollars on mags before they are banned in WA and I'm still stocking up on Sig

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm tempted to pick up a frame or two, but then I'd have to spend a thousand dollars on mags before they are banned in WA and I'm still stocking up on Sig
    I feel you man. I just dropped $1200 on mags to guns I don't even own yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I feel you man. I just dropped $1200 on mags to guns I don't even own yet.
    Just a general question (or thought) for you. I'm definitely not familiar with the new law that passed but I am wondering how they can enforce that kind of thing.

It obviously doesn't ban ownership of the mags so in that context how would they even know if your mags were pre ban or not?

It seems to me that it would pretty much just impact online sales and in theory stop companies from shipping directly to a residence.

It's not so much a question about buying mags but rather getting a better feel of that law from people who are impacted by it and who are watching it more closely.

For your line of work it's probably safer than sorry I would imagine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just a general question (or thought) for you. I'm definitely not familiar with the new law that passed but I am wondering how they can enforce that kind of thing.

It obviously doesn't ban ownership of the mags so in that context how would they even know if your mags were pre ban or not?

It seems to me that it would pretty much just impact online sales and in theory stop companies from shipping directly to a residence.

It's not so much a question about buying mags but rather getting a better feel of that law from people who are impacted by it and who are watching it more closely.

For your line of work it's probably safer than sorry I would imagine.
    As a piggy back to this for the WA folks, how does this ban work for people traveling to the state? We want to visit Olympic National Park and some others within the next year

Downloads
    Uploads
    11B the poorly written law states that you can't "import" them. The intent, of course, is that you can't carry them over the state line, but even WA law treats "import" to mean from a different country. And I believe they put a provision in at the last minute that residents can bring a mag back to the state if they took it out of state, but they can't "import" new ones. To Alamo's point, possession will be pretty much unenforceable but merchants won't be able to sell.

Besides, most LEO in this state, at least in western Washington (or any Blue county), won't enforce ANY misdemeanor because the local governments treat them like crap and don't prosecute anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems that with over 60% of the nation's Counties having some form of Second Amendment Sanctuary status, this law is meaningless grandstanding and more of a way to open the worm can than anything truly enforceable. Those changes and add-ons were to achieve a semblance of conformity with the Constitution and cracking down any more will land it in the Supreme Court even sooner.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the same path CA went down. They first banned imports of magazines (as defined by the PC), but people still shipped in repair kits. CA started going after out of state retailers for that (yes, CA was exceeding its jurisdiction, but that's nothing new. They do it with fees and taxes, as well). Finally CA banned OWNERSHIP of magazines, regardless of prior possession. Freedom Week obviously made a mess of things, and a final decision on the law is still awaiting final adjudication.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

Many mags have date codes on them, which is how you can technically claim they were pre-ban. But as you said, that doesn't actually mean people will abide by the law.

Downloads
    Uploads
    gator is 100% right.

It doesn't matter what the wording is, it doesn't matter if it's enforceable or not (it's definitely not) this law effectively jams the democrat foot into the doorway. Give it a few more years and grandfathering will be taken away, and then they'll come after your scary rifles. They tried to ban "ghost guns" this sessions as well, but that didn't get enough traction.

I won't be enforcing this, neither will any of the other LEO's I work with. The jails here don't accept misdemeanors except for domestic issues, even low level-mid level felonies are cite and release like Residential and Commercial Burglaries. How'd you like for someone to break into your house, get away, get apprehended later, only to be told that the suspect was just given a stern talking to and the threat of a future summons being sent to their non-existent address?

Last year my unit confiscated 4 converted F/A's during the course of unrelated investigations. The prosecutors did not charge, and the ATF/Feds had no interest. Where do you think laws like this will be in terms of being enforced in the pecking order? Like I said though, this is just step 1 in a bigger plan to grab your guns under the guise of public safety and "common sense" gun laws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I'm surprised no one was interested in going after NFA violations. That seems like a nice juicy conviction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, I'm surprised no one was interested in going after NFA violations. That seems like a nice juicy conviction.
    It just goes to show the intentions and/or piss poor management.

If there is one thing I can say about the cops (in general) in my specific area is that typically if you are a generally good person they will let a lot of things slide (provided that it's not creating a danger, ie going 75mph through a school zone or beating up your girlfriend). I've seen the ones here talk to people and basically say, 'we know you and every time we get a call it's remarkable how many times you are present at whatever disturbances there are...now someone called because there was a fight and yes you do have a black eye, but you are the one going to jail today...' (the dude was present [on the wrong side] at something like 16 different disturbance calls over the past few months)

I say that because 'in general' the top people have the guy on the street's back. When it comes to brass tacks they try to focus on the people that start or create problems and don't bother at all with these social changey things like mag bans or whatever. Yes of course they will give out frivolous speeding tickets as well, but in general that's an exception rather than the norm, at least in my area.

That being said recovering TWO actual machine guns, especially in light of the other criminal activity attached to the owners of those, and declining to prosecute the whole thing tells me that it's not the cops but rather the politicians that are the problem.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 14 March 2022 at 20:55.