Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Since we're resurrecting this anyway, I'll bite, Stick: why recommend a MPL-C-series, and not an A-series; especially since only the MPL-A's have been commercially-released in any quantities? Does this all boil down to the "same difference" for the purposes of this discussion, or do you actually prefer the subtle differences of the MPL-C?

AC

I missed your question before (sorry).

I don't recommend a Magpul C series, or even an A series to people as they are not something people can go buy, with very very few exceptions.

My comment about the C series was made as I already own one, and while I own the A series also, I treat the C series like a rented mule instead of a safe queen. My A series is safe queen, even though its serial number is several digits higher. I'm not sure why it worked out that way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Among you guys with multiple SBR lowers, is there a preference between a Form1 or Form4? I have a POF GenII that I've been planning on going the Form1 route with, but is there something more to be gained by going with a factory SBR lower?
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resale. A Form 1 with either your name, corp, or trust simply won't hold anywhere near the value a factory registered Form 4 lower would.

That said, my Noveske blem is Form 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    Resale. A Form 1 with either your name, corp, or trust simply won't hold anywhere near the value a factory registered Form 4 lower would.

That said, my Noveske blem is Form 1.
    I disagree with this. Don't buy a lower to SBR or a factory SBR'd lower for resale. You need to think of this lower as something you will be married to.
    So get the one you like the best with the features you want. Billet/Forged, Ambi, yada yada yada....

In the scheme of things, is dropping $300 -400 on anything not something you can afford? ($100-200 lower, $200 stamp).

The $200 stamp is a sunk cost. After that check is cashed there ain't no getting it back.

Chris.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. There are those that may choose/need at a later point to sell off. The stamp is a lost cost, but base value of the reciever in the event of sale is what I meant by the statement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, residual value still exists, but for most that would be sold after lots of other quite painful sales - at that point the devaluation because of trust/individual markings on a receiver wouldn't phase me as much - but my outlook on SBR ownership is probably unique. I can really see the attraction of a Form4, but it doesn't seem it's for me, especially when I have a POF lying around unbuilt.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never seen a stripped used Title I lower for sale.
    I would imagine it would be worth half or less of what a new one would cost.
    So $50-100?
    If anyone can foresee a time in their future where they may need that last c-note NFA is not for them now.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am papering a Diablo 5.56 - 7" Upper. Not that I will fire it all of the time but it's the shortest barrel I will run. My lower is made by a small company out of Tucson. Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply. They are changing the name soon but the receiver has no logo on the left side, so you can engrave as you see fit. It IS a Perfect Match to the MUR Upper. I mean perfect. Fit and lines are awesome. No real pics but ask them if they can shoot some via email. My lower is getting a logo engraved on it before type III Hard Coat Anodizing. By the way, their lowers have the same ano as the VLTOR Uppers.

http://www.shop.doublediamondsupply....DARMVL01T2.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    What companies will still service a lower after you've made it into an SBR?
    "Make sure you're right, then go ahead."
    --Davy Crockett

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletap13 View Post
    What companies will still service a lower after you've made it into an SBR?
    I'm sure the manufacturer will still service it. It woukd likely be shipped w/o the upper and at that point revert back to a "rifle."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    You also want to make sure the lower will work with the SBR upper that you are planning to use. There are a lot of times when people will pay for a $200 tax stamp to find an issue with a lower.
    What kind of issues woudl there be between one lower or another. Are you talking about a defect in the lower itself or some sort of incompatability?