Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

NEW MEMBERS: Stop in and say hello!

Newly registered?

Been registered awhile but have yet to introduce yourself?

Well here’s your chance to drop a quick line or two and do just that!

Welcome to Weapon Evolution from the entire WEVO Staff, Mods and Admin!

Quib
    WEVO Staff Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been here a while just not much of a poster, you guys do such a good job of covering a topic it leaves me with very little to comment on.

I use to be on gun related websites all the time and over time found that they all were about the same in the offerings they have/had. This site seems to offer me a bit more, write ups are well done, photos are outstanding and the overall group seems to be well informed of the goings on in the weapon/gear/warfighting world.

Well done.

Carbon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear that Carbon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I have to agree with Carbon and his comments about this site just offering more as a whole.
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

Hi,

I have just found this site, and I am very impressed with the quality of information here, especially the photos. I belong to a couple of similar sites, and the more information I can get the better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to have you guys with us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, I've been lurking on the site for a while but just joined yesterday. It's a great place you've got here.
    “If you can’t be counted on, you can’t be counted in”

-Burke
    “Down Here” by Andrew Vachss

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Finally I registered, being a long-time lurker around here.

Hi guys,

my name is Mike and I'm from Germany.

Why am I here?

First of all I have a personal interest in guns, gear and affiliated equipment.
    So this is the place to be.

After more than a decade in contact with the german side of the industry I was offered the position as technical editor for a german speaking publication that was established just a year ago by a friend of mine. Of course I accepted, helping him to get on track with his project - which is a lot of work but fun nonetheless.

We publish "Kommando - International Special Operations Magazine" which is distributed in german-speaking Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Liechtenstein). We cover the worlds elite military and law enforcement special operation units in a high quality publication format, using mostly never-before-published, high quality imagery. As already said I hold the position as the technical editor of the magazine and specialize in doing features about armament, weapons and affiliated equipment.

Just a bit about my background:

My main occupation is as an engineer with a big german corp.

My military career started as a draftee, after that went into Army Reserve where I am pretty active acting as a shooting instructor e.g..

On the sideline I do contract security work, actually being one of the few in Germany with a carry permit (plus some more). Although that suffers a bit when time has to be divided between occupations, there are just so few hours in a day...

I hope that I can learn from you guys.

And I will try to contribute to the forums as this is one of the few places out there on the internet that is really refreshing, keeping bullshit to the minimum, maximising content, news and interesting information. After reading-only here for quite a while, I really feel comfortable. Kudos to the founders and members. Please keep it that way!

http://www.k-isom.com/
    Last edited by Mike; 4 December 2009 at 16:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Servus Mike!

ETA: Lived and worked over 13 years in Germany, military and civilian. Even married one of the local "Madels".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mike,

Just returned to the USA after more than nine years in Germany, so it's good to see the board gain another connection to that part of the world. More to the point, having spent some time on the K-ISOM web site, I'm more than a little impressed with what you guys are accomplishing. Prima!

We're a stronger community with you here -- welcome!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all - thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    ETA: Lived and worked over 13 years in Germany, military and civilian. Even married one of the local "Madels".
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Mike,

Just returned to the USA after more than nine years in Germany, so it's good to see the board gain another connection to that part of the world.

Who would have thought that you guys have that many connections to the old continent and good ol' Germany...

Well, I already picked up that AC was stationed abroad but missed the "returned to the USA" part. A pity, as we could have had a cometogether of some sort (on a range, preferably... ).

We do a lot of liasion stuff with US units here, running them through the Schützenschnur badge, doing some cross training and the like.

Out of curiosity: Where were you guys located at?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in Bavaria, around the Nürnberg area mainly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello.. New here, live in the Seattle area and have recently gotten into guns within the last couple months. Have a Glock 23 and a Beretta Neos u22 and my buddy at work (who I introduced to this site) who got me into this addiction has got me wanting to build an AR now.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a lower from Rainier Arms next week and get the ball rolling! Am very glad to have stumbled upon this site it has provided some great information and reviews so far. I look forward to learning more as I build my AR with the confidence that you guys are a couple keystrokes away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Where were you guys located at?
    I was all over the place, but actually lived -- and was assigned -- primarily in Hanau for the first several years. When we pulled the Aviation Brigade out of there around 2005, I then went to Wiesbaden, and ultimately to Heidelberg, as the USAREUR Aviation Assignments Manager. In that capacity, my largest account was obviously in the Ansbach area (Illesheim and Katterbach), so I got out there quite often as well. Like most GIs in Europe, I did my share of time at Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels, too.

Since I always lived off-post, I had the great privilege of actually getting to experience the culture, and I "went native" for the most part (DMSB Class A racing license, Jagdschein/WBK, picked up a couple of Dackels, etc.). When it came time to leave, I left claw marks on the tarmac at FRA.

I'm still in close contact with the Stammtisch crew in Main-Kinzig Kreis, which isn't surprising, since I spent nearly a decade with these guys, and most are now just a part of the family. I'll actually be headed back for a week in February to celebrate a 50th birthday, and on that note, I should probably start pre-loading with aspirin now ...

MfG,
    AC

P.S. Given your level of access/involvement, I'm guessing you might know Alexander K. in Russelheim/Frankfurt. Spent some very interesting days out at his place shooting our way through the collection.
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.