Downloads
    Uploads

Wilson Combat Tactical Trigger

Wilson Combat has come out wit a new Tactical Trigger Unit (TTU). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this component. It consists of a two stage platform that is considered "Indestructable". With all the two stage triggers on the market like the Geissele Hi Speed Trigger, RRA NM Trigger group, what performance difference would make the WC better coming so late into the game with the TTU?

I have been told that the Geissele built a reputation for clean, crisp shooting and reliability out the wazoo through its trigger group. I haven't heard one complaint about it yet. Wilson Combat is legendary when it comes to 1911's and I dont want to underestimate the performance of their new line of triggers. It's priced $10 cheaper than the Geissele but seems to be more reliable on paper.

The WC TTU has no Adjustment screws to shoot loose (in fact there aren't any loose parts at all!). WC says installation takes about a minute and you dont have to remove the selector switch in order to drop it in. It's ,ade of H13 steel so I doubt it'll break down within a century of purchase (maybe even longer) On top of that it has the coveted "1911 Half Cock" feature that gives it potential to convert your rifle to one of the most safest weapons you can own!

If anyone has had any field experience with the Wilson Combat TTU, please inform me of the performance on this unit. Honestly, I'm sold just by reading its description, but would like to hear how far the bar has been risen with this new component. The Geissele Hi Speed was a no brainer, but now I'm considering a TTU on the strength of curiosity.

Wilson Combat Tactical Trigger Unit (TTU) -Courtesy of Ranier Arms-
    A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.
    -Admiral David D. Porter, USN

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    4SRecon,

Stick and I both have evaluation units of the TTU, though he is a bit ahead of me in terms of his T&E program.

Initial impressions were entirely favorable, and as a longtime WC 1911 customer, I approached the TTU with admittedly high expectations.

We'll be adding more to the existing product intro, of course, as well as filling in a few other details about the unit, but the steep price of admission notwithstanding, it looks like the TTU is indeed going to earn high marks from us when all is said and done.

Stay tuned ...

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow I didn't see Stick's thread. Nearly 5,000 rounds and Zero malfunctions?... sounds pretty clean to me. I'll be sure to check back after you guys finish the T&E.

Thanks...
    A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.
    -Admiral David D. Porter, USN

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SRecon View Post
    Wow I didn't see Stick's thread. Nearly 5,000 rounds and Zero malfunctions?... sounds pretty clean to me. I'll be sure to check back after you guys finish the T&E.

Thanks...

My current review is getting ready to end as I'm at about 5k on the unit. I have NOT done much of anything with the 2 stage version as of this point. I have one, and will be doing a similar writeup to what I've done with the single stage TTU.

The Geiselle SSA (non adjustable 2 stage) sells for $170.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have NOT done much of anything with the 2 stage version as of this point. I have one, and will be doing a similar writeup to what I've done with the single stage TTU.
    Stick, do have any initial impressions of the Wilson 2-stage? vs. the GSSA (cost aside)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by miczero View Post
    Stick, do have any initial impressions of the Wilson 2-stage? vs. the GSSA (cost aside)?

I have a huge amount of time with the SSA, so to make any comparison at this point would be irresponsible at best. I don't even have enough time with the 2 stage TTU to give solid first impressions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have a huge amount of time with the SSA, so to make any comparison at this point would be irresponsible at best. I don't even have enough time with the 2 stage TTU to give solid first impressions.
    Fair enough. I'll be looking forward to what you will have to say as I think my choice lies between these two units.