Downloads
    Uploads

PRS Stock question

Can I use a PRS stock with a carbine length upper? I'm thinking all I would need to do is use the buffer and spring for that gas system and I should be fine. Am I wrong?

Anything else I would need to consider?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PRS stock works great on a carbine, I've run one that way a few times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Can I use a PRS stock with a carbine length upper? I'm thinking all I would need to do is use the buffer and spring for that gas system and I should be fine. Am I wrong?

Anything else I would need to consider?

Thanks!
    You didn't believe me... Stick's my mentor... You need to use a milspec A1 or A2 (rifle) buffer tube, spring and buffer.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe, I believe you TS, I just like to get a lot of different perspectives. I learn more than way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Hehe, I believe you TS, I just like to get a lot of different perspectives. I learn more than way.
    Just playin' with ya. I do the same thing...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    A consideration to make when using a PRS with a carbine is that it may make the rifle a little tail heavy. I personally like balanced rifles and use the PRS on 18" and longer rifles but it will still work fine on the 16"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I thought of that John. The reason I want to do this is because I'm building this rifle into a 24 inch build, but I won't have the upper finished for a while because its going to be expensive.

In the meantime I have my 16" CAR upper here so I can at least go shoot the thing until I get the 24" upper built. It'll be primarily a target gun so a little extra weight won't be a big deal. Then when my other lower shows up I'll stick the CAR upper back on it and hopefully have finished off the 24" inch upper. :)