Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sling Swivel Stud which accepts the bipod mount, shares the same installation design as the 360° Sling Swivel shown above.

Secured in place with a snap-ring, the stud spins effortlessly as if on roller bearings. Attachment of the Harris bipod was standard per Harris Instructions.

The interior is neatly machined away to eliminate weight, but maintain strength.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Overall, I find the fit and finish of the IWC products shown here to be first class.

Studying these components in detail reminds me more of aircraft parts in their quality, design and finish, rather than weapon components.

After speaking at length to IWC’s President regarding these components, future components in the R&D stages, as well as what is planned for IWC’s growth as a company, I am excited and look forward to what the future holds for Impact Weapons Components and their line of products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS: Rotation Limited Sling Mount For Troy TRX And VTAC Extreme Hand Guards

Yesterday I received a sample from the first run of IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS soon to be released QD / Rotation Limited Sling Mounts designed for the Troy TRX and VTAC Extreme Hand Guards.

From initial inspection, once again IWC has maintained the superior fit and finish that has become associated with the gear I have reviewed to date.

This mount, as with the other offerings from IWC, exhibits a smooth, flawless deep rich black anodized finish, free from sharp edges.

The Troy TRX / VTAC Extreme Sling Mount consists of the following components:

INSTALLATION OF THE IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS: Troy TRX / VTAC Extreme QD / Rotation Limited Sling Mount

WARNING: BEFORE INSTALLATION, ENSURE WEAPON IS UNLOADED, PLACED ON “SAFE” AND CHAMBER IS CLEAR OF AMMUNITION. REMOVE ALL AMMUNITION FROM THE IMMEDIATE WORK AREA.

STEP 1: Remove mount, hex wrench, 1EA screw, 1EA weld nut and insertion tool from packaging.

STEP 2: Unroll insertion tool, and snap weld nut dimple into insertion tool cut-out.

STEP 3: Determine desired mount location on hand guard.

Note: A weapons maintenance stand may make the following steps easier.

STEP 4: With the weapon horizontal and the desired mount location pointing down, with the aid of insertion tool, slide weld nut dimple down, between barrel and hand guard, into desired mount location.

STEP 5: Assemble 1EA countersunk mount screw through sling mount. Insert 1/8th hex wrench into screw and start screw threads into mount , 2-3 rotations.

STEP 6: Sharply pull insertion tool from hand guard.

STEP 7: Pulling mount downwards to secure weld nut, securely tighten mount screw to desired final torque.
    CAUTION: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.

STEP 8: Install sling swivel and sling.

INSTALL HIGHLIGHTS

For release date information, pricing and availability, please visit IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS at:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/flash.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Impact Weapons Components will soon be announcing the release of their new revised BIPOD Mount. I have obtained a pre-release sample for review here on Weapon Evolution.

IWC reports that their new version BIPOD Mount compared to the previous version, has reduced the weight by .6 ounces to a total weight of 1.23 ounces, and the height reduced by 30%. All evidence of IWC’s continuing quest for improvements to bring to the end user a top quality product.

A side-by-side comparison shows the obvious reduction in height of the Version II Bipod Mount compared to the Version I Bipod Mount.

A quick measurement of the Version I Bipod Mount has the width at about .6255”.

A quick measurement of the Version II Bipod Mount has the width at about .4660”. A difference between versions of about .1595”.

As with the Version I bipod mount, Version II exhibits IWC’s same expert machining of the interior of the mount to reduce weight, but maintain strength.

The following two photos of the bipod installed, demonstrate the height reduction between Version I and Version II.

For release date information, pricing and availability, please visit IMPACT WEAPONS COMPONENTS at:

Downloads
    Uploads

Coming soon....

Continuing with Version II of the 360° Sling Mount, we can see in the comparison photo below, the reduction in size of the Version II Mount.

While reducing the size of the sling mount base by 20%, IWC was able to increase the size of the mounting hardware with Version II of the sling mount. Version II now utilizes 10-32 screws whereas Version I utilized 8-32 screws. IWC reports weight reduction between versions puts the Version II at .86 ounces total weight.

In keeping with IWC’s high quality standards, the Version II sling mount shows no signs of sharp edges and exhibits IWC’s smooth machining and an overall rich deep black hard coat anodizing.

The Version I sling mount base height measures at about .6290”.

The Version II sling mount base height measures at about .5755”. A difference from Version I of about .0535“.

This photo illustrates the sling stud mounting differences between both versions, with the obvious removal of material from within the center of the Version II mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a discussion of Impact Weapons Components MOUNT-N-SLOT Accessories, please see the link below:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...nts-Discussion