Downloads
    Uploads

2MOA or 4MOA dots - which one to use with a 3X

I'm about to order optics for the middy and I'm not sure what size dot I should get if it's occasionally going to be sitting in front of a magnifier.

I'm thinking I want the smaller dot which is why I'm looking at the Comp M4s.

Discuss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It honestly isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be, especially if you use a 100 yard zero. Some people don't like the 4MOA dot, so it is good to play it safe and get the 2MOA dot. Most people, including me, wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care for a 4 MOA dot with a 3x magnifier. It turns the dot into a kidney-bean-shaped blob. The 1 MOA Eotech dot is nice and crisp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if that is something to do with the T1. I didn't have any problem with my Aimpoint M2. The dot was perfect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 4 MOA T-1 dot was fine under normal (for me) use. It was only with the 3x magnifier that it blobbed up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, magnified is the only time I have any preference at all between Aimpoint dot sizes, and then it's a case of smaller is better. Shoot fine with them either way, but longer range shots are always easier with a crisper reticle.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input guys, I ordered the smaller dot.