Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

BUIS

I'm not sure if you are using Backup Iron Sights with this rail. I decided to keep my BUIS on the upper receiver and move the rail forward to accommodate the rear sight. This works, but if you have a handguard with the standard delta ring, the rail will hit the top of the delta ring when moved forward and not seat properly. 10 minutes with a file to take off about 1/16" and a little black paint solved that.

I feel much better filing away at a Chinese made rail than a nicely anodized precision US made part.

On an unrelated note, I also have a American Defense MFG AD-Recon QD scope mount. It's a work of art. Well worth the money.

--Rootshot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootshot View Post
    I'm not sure if you are using Backup Iron Sights with this rail. I decided to keep my BUIS on the upper receiver and move the rail forward to accommodate the rear sight. This works, but if you have a handguard with the standard delta ring, the rail will hit the top of the delta ring when moved forward and not seat properly. 10 minutes with a file to take off about 1/16" and a little black paint solved that.

I feel much better filing away at a Chinese made rail than a nicely anodized precision US made part.

On an unrelated note, I also have a American Defense MFG AD-Recon QD scope mount. It's a work of art. Well worth the money.

--Rootshot
    Yeah, I do not have BIUS sights yet, but had the same idea you mentioned above in case I do add them.

I have an aluminum free float hand guard that I custom machined to accept rail sections to mount my AFG2 and surefire light, so clearance shouldn't be an issue, but as you posted, a little filing and that takes care of any clearance issues.

I do like the AD mount, just trying to stay on a budget right now, especially since Lucid just came out with a Flip Tto side mount and a 2x -5x variable mag. (There's an other 400 dollars I need....lol)