Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Going in on the mail.m4carbine.net seems to help. I'm not sure why, but it does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco View Post
    M4C is working on my PC now but I can't bring it up on my phone.
    Having same problem. Logging back into both from the beginning.

Atleast now I can get on here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its going back and forth. Its a mess. Works every other hour for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just frustrated that advertisers are effectively losing revenue because of this crap...
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'm just frustrated that advertisers are effectively losing revenue because of this crap...
    Yea, I know. But I think of it as we live in a free society, and sometimes this is the price we pay. Ain't right, and I'd like to know the person responsible. We could solve this real quick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    i thinks m4carbine is getting to be a rude place to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    The general culture here seems to be less antagonistic, but I suspect they feel the same about Del-Ton as they do at M4C.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been like that for a while. It happens to most places when they grow, unless the staff/mods really tighten up on the bullcrap. But when you tighten up on the bullcrap, you have to lock and/or delete threads and posts and guys accuse the staff/mods of censorship. Afte all this is America (actually it is the Internet, but people like to say that all the time). I personally prefer to take the no nonsense approach to keep the integrity of the site. If anyone likes the drama, there are plenty of other sites for that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many people mistake bluntness for rudeness. If this is the case for you then M4C is probably also not the place for you. Some people do not like being questioned, and when they are they determine that those doing the questioning are "rude". M4C is, or was, supposed to hold posters to a higher standard. "my rifle is flawless" is a completely useless waste of a post and the time it takes to write it (some will find that statement rude as well). M4C was supposed to be above that and ask people to qualify and quantify the statement. For how many rounds? In what kind of use? At what cleaning/lubing interval? etc. Similarly "my barrel holds 1/2 MOA all day long" is an incomplete statement. Number of groups fired? Number of rounds per group? Optic used? Trigger used? Ammo used? Weather conditions? Support? Free-float?

IMO this is a true no-nonsense approach. Locking and deleting things that someone may get offended by when they are simply statements of fact or request for qualification is more in line with internut silliness.

the good news is that not all internet sites are for everyone, and there are plenty to go around. Every site has it's market, and it's devotees. Some folks may not like ar15.com but find ar15chatterbox.com to be perfect for them. Some may not like M4C and find WEVO more to their liking. Some may not like 10-8 and prefer lightfighter. The list goes on, and is interchangeable.

IMO the current problem with M4C is not rudeness, or even 'net geeks taking it down at will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Many people mistake bluntness for rudeness. If this is the case for you then M4C is probably also not the place for you. Some people do not like being questioned, and when they are they determine that those doing the questioning are "rude". M4C is, or was, supposed to hold posters to a higher standard. "my rifle is flawless" is a completely useless waste of a post and the time it takes to write it (some will find that statement rude as well). M4C was supposed to be above that and ask people to qualify and quantify the statement. For how many rounds? In what kind of use? At what cleaning/lubing interval? etc. Similarly "my barrel holds 1/2 MOA all day long" is an incomplete statement. Number of groups fired? Number of rounds per group? Optic used? Trigger used? Ammo used? Weather conditions? Support? Free-float?

IMO this is a true no-nonsense approach. Locking and deleting things that someone may get offended by when they are simply statements of fact or request for qualification is more in line with internut silliness.

the good news is that not all internet sites are for everyone, and there are plenty to go around. Every site has it's market, and it's devotees. Some folks may not like ar15.com but find ar15chatterbox.com to be perfect for them. Some may not like M4C and find WEVO more to their liking. Some may not like 10-8 and prefer lightfighter. The list goes on, and is interchangeable.

IMO the current problem with M4C is not rudeness, or even 'net geeks taking it down at will.
    The problem is that most people who are blunt are rude. They have no people skills. I can give two perfect examples of two very knowledgeable guys in this industry, one who comes across as rude and arrogant and an a$$hole, while the other is very friendly and humble. If someone doesn't have the patient or the people skills, don't post or reply in threads.

And this is no way directed at you Rob.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see things through a different lens, perhaps because I am one of the people that gets accused of being arrogant and rude. I am the type that would much prefer someone get straight to the point than to beat around the bush, or give me biased answers based on industry connections. There is, however, a fine line between being blunt with fact and being blunt with opinion. Certainly people that post things like "that brand sucks" or worse taking on "and anyone that would buy one is a moron" is rude. However, at least the first part, may also be factual. Without the qualifiers of the response it's just as bad as the unqualified initial opinion.

Everyone's tolerance for rudeness is different. I dish it out, so I can also take it. and the people that read my articles, follow my site, and to some extent even the industry people that send me stuff to test, consider my style "blunt" while those that get offended by it consider it "rude".

I went and read the delton thread that I think peabody was reacting to, and there are certainly some posts there that are "rude" even by my standards. They are, IMO, indicative more of the broader problem with M4C right now than they are of a cultural problem with rudeness. The problem has always existed there, as on every internet forum, but it has gotten really, really bad of late and that is that the guy who shows up asking what rifle to buy today is brow-beating people and acting like an expert on all things AR tomorrow. This has led to an exodus of most of the more contributory members, leaving a vacuum of information and the nitwits fill the void. Signal:Noise was a point of pride there at one time, but with the reduction in signal of late, the noise appears greater even if it really just stayed the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is an example of three people saying the same thing, but in different ways:

OP: What are your thoughts on BrandX Rifles?
    M4Carbine Answer: They are a piece of crap. I can't believe anyone would buy that crap. Just get a BrandA and read more and post less. (Followed by 5-10 pages of arguing over the importance of parkerized FSB and all of the millspec stuff that goes along with it).

ARFCOM Answer: I heard from a friend of a friend who is an operator in Iraq and he said they suck. (Followed by 100-360 pages of arguing about everything except the topic).

WEVO Answer: I would look at other rifles. BrandX has been known to have some issues. What do you plan on using your AR for? (Followed by a few good replies).

LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    Here is an example of three people saying the same thing, but in different ways:

OP: What are your thoughts on BrandX Rifles?
    M4Carbine Answer: They are a piece of crap. I can't believe anyone would buy that crap. Just get a BrandA and read more and post less. (Followed by 5-10 pages of arguing over the importance of parkerized FSB and all of the millspec stuff that goes along with it).

ARFCOM Answer: I heard from a friend of a friend who is an operator in Iraq and he said they suck. (Followed by 100-360 pages of arguing about everything except the topic).

WEVO Answer: I would look at other rifles. BrandX has been known to have some issues. What do you plan on using your AR for? (Followed by a few good replies).

LOL.
    most of that is relative more to the number of members than anything else. newbie-jumping was lesser when M4C was newer and had fewer members. I agree that some of the more antagonistic responses are out of line, and I actually started reporting them using the "report post" button. I *try* not to reply that way, but many new posters take my "what do you want to do with it and how much do you want to spend" posts as almost in the same vein.

and what you refer to is also often the exact same people I was describing above. Today's newbie is tomorrow's expert.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Today's newbie is tomorrow's expert.
    LOL. You aren't kidding about this statement. That is the most disturbing part because these guys are regurgitating things without actually even trying it out for themselves.