Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My tolerance for disagreement -- here or there -- is extremely broad, but my tolerance for incivility is just about nil.

That has admittedly made for some interesting days of late on a site that has experienced as much growth as M4C.

The Del-Ton thread is a good example of what happens when forum members decide to pile on, rather than mentor.

These kinds of skirmishes usually get the right kind of staff attention in the end, but it's pretty tough to catch them all.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    LOL. You aren't kidding about this statement. That is the most disturbing part because these guys are regurgitating things without actually even trying it out for themselves.
    Funny how you'll find a better answer on the range than the internet
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    mentor
    Maybe this is the difference between WEVO and other forums ( <-generalized )
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    M4C is a great resource & online community for the AR15 enthusiast and they serve our community well. I don't frequent the site as much as I'd like to but we're fortunate to call Grant & M4C industry friends. We don't have nearly the traffic they face so it's a lot easier to monitor our discussion sections. It's one of the benefits of being more of a resource oriented site vs a discussion based site. We've also stressed the importance of treating each shooter, new or old with respect. I'm so very thankful and proud to have our staff as they are 1st class and do an amazing job of treating our members as they would like to be treated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Today's newbie is tomorrow's expert.
    You aren't kidding. It seems like talking down to people has almost become a sport on M4C as of late. The thing that makes you want to scream is the guy who has been on the board for a few months and practically overnight goes from "should I buy DI or piston?" to "you're an idiot,your gun is crap, use the search button & read more, post less... idiot". It is almost as if people feel they have somehow earned the right to lambaste the newbs as a right of passage or to make up for the beating they took when they first arrived on the forum. M4C is still a tremendous resource & where I spend most of my time when I'm on the net, but as Rob said, the signal:noise isn't what it used to be. I don't envy the position the Mods like AC are in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a thread right now over there on which MK18 to buy (I guess all 10.x" guns are now "MK18"s like all precision ARs are now "SPR"s and 10 years ago all carbines were "M4"s) that reminded me of something. For every rude response, there are also a lot of arrogantly stupid questions. This is one of those things that is a function of overall size of the site. You are more likely to get dumbass questions, and follow-up questions, with more new people flocking in daily, which in turn ups the aggravation level of the established members, and ups the opportunities to jump their shit, which in turn is more likely to lead to a dogpile. Especially if the dogpile is started by a moderator or staff member.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it just me or are other folks still having trouble accessing the site? My access is limited in that I can browse for about 5 minutes or so and then it just stalls. Come back about half an hour later and does the whole thing all over again. Cant post either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's just you.

No, I'm kidding. I'm getting the same thing.

Whats going on I don't know, but I need a brake anyway.

See posts above. To much... stuff. But the info is there in spades. Wish I would have had it years ago. This site is great too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Is it just me or are other folks still having trouble accessing the site? My access is limited in that I can browse for about 5 minutes or so and then it just stalls. Come back about half an hour later and does the whole thing all over again. Cant post either.
    I'm getting the same problem intermittently on my desktop, but the site is pretty much unusable with my iPad anymore, even from the same IP address.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, the site loads like molasses...Great resource site but the dogpiling is getting ridiculous..
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problems at all for me.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just like to say the reason I come here is the quality and supportive answers on this site. ar15.com can get a little crazy and I have no experience at M4C

Downloads
    Uploads
    The information on M4C is pretty good. However, the site does have a hierarchy, and if you disagree with an SME who calls you "stupid" the mods side with the SME then close the post.

Like others have said, too much dogpiling, not enough mentorship, and not enough quality posts. For example, a SME will say, "This weapon-system is stupid and so are you." That's it. In the body of the post. I had thought that M4C was all about promoting professionality, but it doesn't seem like the case. There's also a bit of dogma with the AR-15 system, and they're fairly resistant to new ideas (ZOMG BAD LEVER SUCKS).

You also have a lot of people who cite 'carbine classes' as the end-all, be-all of weapon testing. Although many shoot-schools use the weapon rigorously, I can say first hand in the military that I have carried a weapon a lot in dirty environments, but shot the gun very little. The emphasis on "as long as you clean it" or "as long as you keep it lubed" presumes that there's a supply chain behind you supplying you with lube.

Just take what you read there with a grain of salt. Read up on the good information. Use it to develop your own purchases and gear selection. Then refine it with your own experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've learned a lot about my rifle from reading through WEVO since I don't have to sift through "buy this from brand x and never look back" or "brand x doesn't do this, won't do that, will blow up... here's the link" blah blah blah. The other AR specific forums, like M4C, I just feel that to post there would be too much of an inconvenience.

All that to say, thanks WEVO for being patient with the new to the AR platform, like myself. It's the reason I come back around.
    Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.

- William Butler Yeats

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can somebody with dual membership get a hold of a Mod at m4carbine.net for me and relay the following message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started randomly getting the following error message when trying to login to M4C:

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

I have tried resetting my PW but no matter what I do, I keep getting this message. I've deleted my cookies, tried different computers, etc. My email is a0cake@gmail.com Please advise. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------