Downloads
    Uploads

Keeping Knights rail panels in place.

I was using some Knights rail panels on my Troy MRF but as many know the Knights use a proprietary locking system that only works with Knights rails. Needless to say the panels would move around when shooting. Then one day it hit me “why don’t I just screw them in place with the holes in the rails”.

Before and after.

Step one, remove the retaining clip. This is easily done with a small screwdriver.

Line up the panel to drill the hole. Use the hole as a guide be careful not to damage the screw hole. I used a 3/16 bit for the first hole and a 15/64 to enlarge it after I removed it from the rail.

I then went to Lowe’s to find some suitable screws. What I settled on was some ¼-20x1/2 set screws I think they were 80 cents for two. ¼ inch long would have worked but did not know that until I actually installed them. A little loctite and you’re done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also pry up on the clips to get them to lock into place on sections of rail without the cut-outs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well why didn’t you tell me about that a few days ago? That’s just too easy, I never thought of trying something like that. Oh well it only cost me some time and less then two bucks for the set screws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Well why didn’t you tell me about that a few days ago? That’s just too easy, I never thought of trying something like that. Oh well it only cost me some time and less then two bucks for the set screws.
    I went a similar route once with the left over scrap from full length KAC rail covers that were cut down to size.

An expanding screw/rubber insert was used in this case, to secure the panel scrap to the rail.

This photo is a number of years old, and not good quality, but you can see the button-head cap screw securing the panel.