Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently installed an American Security BF (6032?) - it's the smallest in the BF line. Every gunsmith and locksmith I spoke to had a positive opinion of the AmSec BF line. Of course I've already outgrown it ... should have gone BIGGER! Ha!

Realistically in an urban setting, any modern safe will probably be sufficient. Crooks are typically not going to spend more than a couple hours beating on your safe while you're away. I just lucked out and found a great deal on the AmSec, otherwise I would have chosen something cheaper.

I saw a Pendelton at the gun club the other day, it is a round safe with a rotary lazy-suzan type thing in the center. It's extremely well-lit and very nice looking. I imagine they are pricey, but they sure are functional:

http://www.pendletonsafes.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a video on YouTube of some guys trying to pry open a Pendleton. Due to its unique shape they don't make much progress. Basically they just manage to roll the safe around with the pry bars.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 4

Downloads
    Uploads
    About the hinges, virtually all commercial burglary and fire safes have external hinges. They allow for better opening and can distract inexperienced burglars into attacking them. That is of course a worthless endeavor. Check out AMSEC for more information on commercial grade safes. There is a lot of info there that can help you select a good safe for your guns. I have no affiliation with them, other than I have a couple of their safes in my grocery store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a video Sturdy Safe Co posted on their facebook page. The guy pokes a pretty good hole in a piece of 10g steel with a pike.

Kind of fun to watch but probably not a huge worry unless you leave a fire ax next to your safe!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of safes, hoping to get down to NWsafe soon and pick one up..heard from everyone thats the place to go..in washington atleast

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a good example of what might be one of the better deals from a well-known manufacturer. These look like what many companies were making before steel prices went crazy and forced makers to use thinner steel in an effort to keep costs down.

http://www.westcoastsafes.com/fort-k...1_1000082.html

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect that your average $1000 safe would only take a burglar a little longer to get into than one of these Stack-Ons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I suspect that your average $1000 safe would only take a burglar a little longer to get into than one of these Stack-Ons.
    I disagree with this, "used to have a stack on cabinet" back in the day and compared to my liberty fat boy i just picked up, that is solidly bolted to the floor, i see no way there getting in very easily, unless a torch, cut off saw is involved..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I disagree with this, "used to have a stack on cabinet" back in the day and compared to my liberty fat boy i just picked up, that is solidly bolted to the floor, i see no way there getting in very easily, unless a torch, cut off saw is involved..
    Once inside, the burglars can take all of your guns... both of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Once inside, the burglars can take all of your guns... both of them.
    Haha...funny guy...

thats not true btw..i have 3..