Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse the phonetography but these guys are nasty. Very fun to catch and even more fun to kill and eat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems fitting today...panoramic shot of the WWII memorial in DC shot at night:

WWII Memorial at Night by Triple Bravo, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great shot TrpleB.

You too Ride4frnt
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Amazing shot as always TB!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Excuse the phonetography but these guys are nasty. Very fun to catch and even more fun to kill and eat.

Is that a snakehead? Looks very similar to a bowfin or what we call a black fish in GA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Is that a snakehead? Looks very similar to a bowfin or what we call a black fish in GA.
    Yes, Northern Snakehead. VERY similar to a bowfin, same shape and size, same characteristics. Love catching them. Most people would take one look and say "nope not eating that", but they are probably the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. And I get to kill every single one I catch because they are invasive.

Fun fact, guy I know who owns a house near where we fish caught a potential world record snakehead last week. 17lb 12oz, which, if certified is the official hook and line world record. He sent the fish in for measurements and sent the scale in to make sure it was accurate. Should know in the coming weeks, but it's looking good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Yes, Northern Snakehead. VERY similar to a bowfin, same shape and size, same characteristics. Love catching them. Most people would take one look and say "nope not eating that", but they are probably the best piece of fish I've ever eaten. And I get to kill every single one I catch because they are invasive.

Fun fact, guy I know who owns a house near where we fish caught a potential world record snakehead last week. 17lb 12oz, which, if certified is the official hook and line world record. He sent the fish in for measurements and sent the scale in to make sure it was accurate. Should know in the coming weeks, but it's looking good.
    Interesting, so an invasive species you can eat and catch unlimited amounts of?

Do Snakehead eat or cause problems for the native fish or wildlife?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

UW do you not watch River Monsters?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the Caribbean, they are dealing with Lionfish...also invasive for that area; I understand they are good eating as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I think studies are beginning to show that they aren't as bad on the habitat as it was originally believed, but they are a non native species and they multiply by the hundreds of thousands a year. You can catch as many of them as you want, but you must kill each one immediately. If caught with a live one you are facing a lot of legal troubles.

And yes, very good eating. I've seen the meat as high as $16/lb in fish markets, and that's for whole fish with skin and bones that you gotta clean yourself.

Here in MD the blue catfish is also non native and are supposed to be killed as well. Catfish nuggets are incredibly good too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, if you guys enjoy wildlife photography, check this page out. All taken along the Potomac river in northern Virginia.

https://m.facebook.com/awesomeospreys

Plenty of Seahawks (ospreys) for you PNW guys to enjoy, bald eagles, river otters, etc. It truly is a beautiful area, and I enjoy it more and more every time I fish.

Nothing like being on a boat watching an osprey or a bald eagle circle overhead and dive bomb a 4lb bass 20 feet from the boat.