Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision 30MM Cantilever Mount

Aero Precision has released their 30mm Cantilever Mounts. These mounts are designed for AR15 type upper receivers. They are perfect for your larger Aimpoints, but will fit any optic with a 30mm tube. They are lightweight and have the same mounting design as Aero Precision's 30mm and 1" scope mounts. Check them out here.

Ideal for red dot magnification systems; this design features a rigid, lightweight body, compatible with many high-end optic platforms.

Fits Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rails. Cross-slot keyway offers excellent recoil protection.

Features:

Designed for AR type upper receivers
    6061 T6 extruded aluminum construction
    MIL-A-Type 3 black hard-coat anodize
    Ridged and lightweight
    Made in the USA

Specifications:

Series - Ultralight
    Weight – 1.62 OZ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice price....I see one or two in my future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At that price-point, they will sell well and I hope they will continue to expand on their line of mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    At that price-point, they will sell well and I hope they will continue to expand on their line of mounts.
    I believe they have some QD mounts in the works. Aero has come a long way from just supplying Surplus Ammo and Arms with $70 lowers that's for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to see less QD mounts, not more. However, I'd like to see a continuation of this design into a two-ring lightweight cantilever for 1.x-Y optics.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'd like to see less QD mounts, not more. However, I'd like to see a continuation of this design into a two-ring lightweight cantilever for 1.x-Y optics.
    I used think it HAD to be a QD mount. Over the years, and as few times as I remove my optics... I find that QD is just an extra cost I can't justify most of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I used think it HAD to be a QD mount. Over the years, and as few times as I remove my optics... I find that QD is just an extra cost I can't justify most of the time.
    What's interesting is that once one has had this epiphany, you start to realize how hard it is to find quality mounts without QD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What's interesting is that once one has had this epiphany, you start to realize how hard it is to find quality mounts without QD.
    This is a fact. I can't think of too many off the top of my head for red dot type optics. At least with Scopes, non-QD rings are abundant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If this was a non-cantilever Aimpoint mount I'd be all over it. I was kind of disapointed to see that they don't offer a straight version. For my Leupold VXR I'd like to see a longer version of their cantilever mount that seems to have inspired this one.

I may just order one of these anyway. it looks like my old ML2 finally crapped the bed so I need a new 30mm Aimpoint anyway. Something I may have missed on this one, absolute cowitness or something else? It looks kind of low to me.