Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Some food for thought guys - what do you do when it floods? I'm in Colorado and I've had some flooding over the past couple of days. If I weren't able to keep up and my basement had completely flooded, what would I do with my "valuables"?

I do have a backup plan to store them safely somewhere else, but it is a huge pain in the ass especially while dealing with ongoing flooding.

Just something to thing about ... especially with all the crazy weather lately ...
    Good point, and a very realistic contingency.

I generally try to have adequate hard case capacity for the more important contents of my safe (www.starlightcases.com), which affords limited security with locks and chains, effective waterproofing and -- critical in this instance -- ready portability for transport.

Requires an up-front investment, of course, but they pretty much last forever. Fortunately, the right cases have a decent multi-gun capacity, if you plan and cut the foam accordingly; alternatively, you can strip the foam cores and just slip your existing soft cases in for simplicity and ready access to pre-configured kit.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great idea about watertight cases. I hadn't considered that option. I don't have a ton of space so most of my cases are stored elsewhere, but I could make room for a few ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only ace in the hole with hard case storage that I've found is that you can usually work the standard rifle sizes under a bed frame, which obviously tends to be unoccupied space otherwise.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got introduced to Gallow Tech by a friend who has become a dealer. I am thinking as of right now a 1023 Package will take care of me and give a me some room to grow. And for $500 retail it isn't a bad price... just need to sweet talk my friend and get dealer pricing now.

Edit for update... $390 Shipped!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I just got introduced to Gallow Tech by a friend who has become a dealer. I am thinking as of right now a 1023 Package will take care of me and give a me some room to grow. And for $500 retail it isn't a bad price... just need to sweet talk my friend and get dealer pricing now.

Edit for update... $390 Shipped!
    Is this just a rack? No way to secure it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appears to be a peg-board style mounting panel - nice choice for a safe room. Seems to be in line with the OP's last question in post #1 and reasonably priced for what you get. Some thought went into it, and probably easier than a build it yourself from Home Depot parts.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't come with a way to lock it in. Jerry hit the nail right on the head. But if you build a walk in safe this is what I would image it to be covered in.
    I want to get this for my shop area. Easy way to rack the weapons out of my way while I work or clean them.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and bookmarked that page. Even though it doesn't lock it in, it definitely looks like an option for my garage work bench area down the road. When I'm working on a gun or two, I can temporarily keep it on the rack vs. putting it on the table or chair until I knock it over. Thanks for the link!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a centrally located room in my basement. That room is pretty much the "man cave" room....pink paint and all. That is where I clean all the firearms and tinker with everything. Would be nice to be able to rack the rifles and pistols instead of sitting them on the floor.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.