Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    While you're here Dennis, I have a question. My STT lower will drop loaded mags if I shake the rifle back n forth in a left to right motion. Not in a violent manner either. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    My STT lower will drop loaded mags if I shake the rifle back n forth in a left to right motion. Not in a violent manner either. Any suggestions?
    I encountered a similar problem, any movement of the carbine would cause the mag to drop free. It's an out of spec mag catch, improperly press-fit during component assembly.

Contact Dennis through the San Tan web site for faster response. I'm sure he'll get you squared away. He offered to install a new catch for me - but I thought it was just easier to handle myself. A replacement was mailed and the new catch has been fine so far.

Good luck.
    Last edited by RiverRat; 2 December 2014 at 17:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I encountered a similar problem, any movement of the carbine would cause the mag to drop free. It's an out of spec mag catch, improperly press-fit during component assembly.

Contact Dennis through the San Tan web site to faster response. I'm sure he'll get you squared away. He offered to install a new catch for me - but I thought it was just easier to handle myself. A replacement was mailed and the new catch has been fine so far.

Good luck.
    done. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post

Contact Dennis through the San Tan web site for faster response. I'm sure he'll get you squared away. He offered to install a new catch for me - but I thought it was just easier to handle myself. A replacement was mailed and the new catch has been fine so far.

Good luck.
    Just sent him a PM as well as an email a few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk