Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was turned on to a relatively new product here on the forum... Seal 1.

So far my initial impressions are that I will never use anything else again in my life unless they come out with a Seal 1 version 2.0.

I had guns that were 'cleaned' using my old traditional methods... then I put Seal 1 on a 'clean' gun... only to see carbon melting away. This stuff is overall amazing.

I have personally never used frog lube, but after looking into it I have heard of several people who stopped using frog lube in favor of Seal 1.

EDIT: There are sellers on Amazon but I found a place online that sells it way cheaper in larger quantities and offers free shipping...better deal than anything I've found on Amazon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dlquinn71 View Post
    Slip2000 EWL on everything, keeps it simple.
    ^^^This

Downloads
    Uploads
    What turned me on to FireClean was when I started to shoot a lit of suppressed weapons, those who also do know how filthy they get in a short time. I was given a sample at Shot Show a couple years ago and said why not. So I went home and degreased my bcg and shot a couple hundred rounds suppressed out of my SR15. It was nasty inside like every other lube but what sold me was how easy it wiped off. Ive tried FrogLube, SL!P 2000, FP10, MPRO-7, and a bunch of others and NONE have cleaned up as easily. 2 years later and IMO it is the one and only that has actually lived up to the hype.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

So far my initial impressions are that I will never use anything else again in my life unless they come out with a Seal 1 version 2.0.

I had guns that were 'cleaned' using my old traditional methods... then I put Seal 1 on a 'clean' gun... only to see carbon melting away. This stuff is overall amazing.

I have personally never used frog lube, but after looking into it I have heard of several people who stopped using frog lube in favor of Seal 1.

EDIT: There are sellers on Amazon but I found a place online that sells it way cheaper in larger quantities and offers free shipping...better deal than anything I've found on Amazon.
    So, are you keeping the online place that's cheaper a secret, or are you going to share with the rest of us?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

The real test, and I've had to eat my words by trying it, is not to take a clean gun and run product A through it, get some dirt and declare it the winner. Next time clean a weapon with Seal 1, then, in a couple of days run some Hoppes or something else, and see if you get fouling or copper on a clean patch. I've done this over the years with several products, and could almost always get at least just a bit of carbon, or copper on a new patch soaked in something else.

That being said, you're not the first one to mention Seal 1. Might have to try that out. I really like Frog Lube because I can clean guns in my house. Gets them pretty damn clean too. But I'm always open to something "better".

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Optics Planet has the best price I've seen on Seal 1.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/seal-1-c...care-plus.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Optics Planet has the best price I've seen on Seal 1.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/seal-1-c...care-plus.html
    Thanks GOST. I might order the kit, and try it side by side with Frog Lube. I did some searches around the net, looking for reviews, but mostly in the gun forums, they just devolved into "cyber fist" fights. The end result was usually something on the order of "you suck" or the like.

The rest, are salesmen, who have a vested interest in the product, so I guess the only way I'll know, is to try it. I'll pick out 1 rifle exclusively, for SEAL 1 and one for Frog Lube and see if there is any appreciable difference.

I was a late comer to Frog Lube. The "fights" over whether or not it was treasure or trash, never got me anywhere, so I just decided to try it, after hearing all the hype for a couple of years. So far, I've been thoroughly pleased with it, so now I'm hesitant to spend cash on Fire Clean or Seal 1, but I think I'll give the latter a try.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    So, are you keeping the online place that's cheaper a secret, or are you going to share with the rest of us?

I bought the bigger bottles of the stuff here:

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/

They shipped very fast and all the products were individually wrapped and UPS'ed right to the door. Shipping was free.

I ordered from Amazon and they took forever. I order from Kittery 4 days after Amazon and Kittery arrived 4 days before my Amazon order did. And the price at Amazon was about $3.30 an ounce to the door and at the other place like $2.15 per ounce...It was like $34 to the door for 16 oz of the stuff. (8oz paste 8oz liquid).

I was very impressed with Kittery and very disappointed with that Amazon seller. There were several things wrong with my Amazon order... I will not order from that seller ever again. Among other things, they must have been storing the stuff next to a heater or something. My 'paste' was 'goop' and part of it leaked out into the bag....

But like I said, with basically a little less than 4oz of paste I did numerous guns with generous portions of the stuff. I haven't tried the liquid yet... but the say to season the metal at first it's better to use the paste.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 16 December 2014 at 18:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    The real test, and I've had to eat my words by trying it, is not to take a clean gun and run product A through it, get some dirt and declare it the winner. Next time clean a weapon with Seal 1, then, in a couple of days run some Hoppes or something else, and see if you get fouling or copper on a clean patch. I've done this over the years with several products, and could almost always get at least just a bit of carbon, or copper on a new patch soaked in something else.

That being said, you're not the first one to mention Seal 1. Might have to try that out. I really like Frog Lube because I can clean guns in my house. Gets them pretty damn clean too. But I'm always open to something "better".

FT
    I'm not basing my statement on one dimension... just saying... but overall... I really like the stuff. It smells sort of like a mild ben gay.... but it's not over powering at all.

With the little 4oz bottle of paste I got at first I cleaned 1 AR15 and 7 pistols. One of those pistols was dirty dirty. Hadn't been cleaned in a year. It wasn't mine...but I cleaned it to show what it does to someone else... in one step, bam. ALL that stuff was gone and the gun looked like new.

Just based on overall experience Seal 1 is a winner. I am going to keep it on hand for the foreseeable future. I am personally a clean freak when it comes to guns. Yes I like to get them dirty but I like to keep them clean too.

Before I was using several other products.... ProShot 3 in 1, CLP, and a few other things.... I did it the traditional way... then I tried Seal 1 and was pretty much blown away about how easy and nice it was. I will also state for the record I haven't put the guns through their paces with Seal 1 but I am very confident in them. Not only does the finish of the gun look better, I am confident that I will loose the 'wetness' but gain a lot...

I am just impressed so far. I will be happy to report back after I shoot more but so far I have a winner on my hands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not basing my statement on one dimension... just saying... but overall... I really like the stuff. It smells sort of like a mild ben gay.... but it's not over powering at all.

With the little 4oz bottle of paste I got at first I cleaned 1 AR15 and 7 pistols. One of those pistols was dirty dirty. Hadn't been cleaned in a year. It wasn't mine...but I cleaned it to show what it does to someone else... in one step, bam. ALL that stuff was gone and the gun looked like new.

Just based on overall experience Seal 1 is a winner. I am going to keep it on hand for the foreseeable future. I am personally a clean freak when it comes to guns. Yes I like to get them dirty but I like to keep them clean too.

Before I was using several other products.... ProShot 3 in 1, CLP, and a few other things.... I did it the traditional way... then I tried Seal 1 and was pretty much blown away about how easy and nice it was. I will also state for the record I haven't put the guns through their paces with Seal 1 but I am very confident in them. Not only does the finish of the gun look better, I am confident that I will loose the 'wetness' but gain a lot...

I am just impressed so far. I will be happy to report back after I shoot more but so far I have a winner on my hands.
    I knew what you meant. That's a big part of the reason I'm going to try some too, with an A, B and C comparison test. I'm going to do the S1 and FL in 2 different rifles. After a few cleanings (to allow the S1 to "season" the barrel, I'm going to clean the barrels, and see how each does. Especially on the BCG's. I use NiB in all my rifles, and it's pretty much a wipe off proposition. Then I'll take them both to the range, clean them with S1 and FL let the set for a day or so, and use a third party "old school" cleaner like Hoppes or Shooters Choice and see what comes out of the barrels if anything. If the difference is not significant I'll just keep using FL, if there is, I'll switch...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the main differences I see between Seal 1 and the other traditional lubes like Hoppes or Pro Shot or CLP is that the latter over time will have evaporation. You can treat your gun and then if you don't shoot for a while or depending on other environmental factors the light elements of those products can dry out. It will leave a sticky film on the gun. When that happened to me I used the green can of non chlorinated disk brake cleaner to strip it and re apply...

It was just my style... with the Seal 1 though.... the stuff soaks into the metal like a well seasoned frying pan. It's relatively dry but when there is a little heat applied it releases and 'activates'... with Seal 1 from what I understand if you treat your gun properly and say don't shoot for a month or two... (I have several guns that I don't always shoot)... then you pull it out... wipe it down if you want... and you're ready to go. You don't even have to wipe it down. It just seems to me to be far superior as a system and a product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In regard to Seal 1, are there any differences between the paste or liquid (other than being a paste or liquid)? Their website has instructions for using both, which are basically identical, but no info about advantages one vs the other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The instructions said the paste is better for initial treatment. I'm guessing because its thicker and stays where you put it. The first few times cleaning you treat and let it sit for 45 min or longer. The paste stays put. The liquid gets into the little cracks and small spaces better. Supposedly the paste is for the first few times and the liquid is for basic treatment and rub downs. And you can make your own bore patches or whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But they are the same....no difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    shooting with a friend today, his m&p wouldn't fire. look at the primers they all had very, very light strikes. I field stripped it and it had this thick sticky film in it, he told me it was froglube and had been sitting for about 2 months. I squirted some fireclean in the striker and down the fireing pin hole. racked it and dry fired it several times and it functioned the rest of the afternoon. then we shot skeet, his over and under would only fire the top barrel. he used frog lube on it too. I will say, I don't know if or how he prepped, or how much he used to lube. I do know that in the past when I used frog lube after sitting for a while turned sticky too .
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville