Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up ordering one to try out. At $80 it's priced about the same as a BCM and LMT, less than a Colt, more than a CMT and Stag. It looks like they are about sold out, 37 left at this time. The original price was a tough sell, but the reduced price-point is decent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, at that Price, I couldn't resist. I would pay that much for a bolt with that coating (or just about) by itself. This seems like a great deal.

SOS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I ended up ordering one to try out. At $80 it's priced about the same as a BCM and LMT, less than a Colt, more than a CMT and Stag. It looks like they are about sold out, 37 left at this time. The original price was a tough sell, but the reduced price-point is decent.
    Down to only 18 remaining as of 7pm Pacific on the 17th.

I think there was something like 198 when I posted the link.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooooo, Besides the coating, essentially they ground five lugs off at a 45 degree angle and charge more for it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by driver6814 View Post
    Sooooo, Besides the coating, essentially they ground five lugs off at a 45 degree angle and charge more for it?
    I believe the bolt is S7 rather than Carpenter 158.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So an update, I pulled the bolt after 1,279 rounds from my M4.

It was developing abnormal wear and there was serious overpressure signs in the brass from the M855A1 I was firing. Both of those I have not seen on my standard bolt and it has well past 4,000 rounds through it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglee View Post
    So an update, I pulled the bolt after 1,279 rounds from my M4.

It was developing abnormal wear and there was serious overpressure signs in the brass from the M855A1 I was firing. Both of those I have not seen on my standard bolt and it has well past 4,000 rounds through it.
    What are your wear signs? Can you post photos of the bolt?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    What are your wear signs? Can you post photos of the bolt?
    I canmot get a good picture due to the flash whiteing out everything since the steel and np3 coating are so close in color. But it looks like the costing is chipping on the lugs and bolt face, but NP3 is not a coating that chips and flakes off so I don't know if it is steel chipping off or what. I have never seen wear like it before.

As to the gun it is a 14.5" M4.