Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint PRO /T1.

This has probably been covered more than once even on WalMart forums, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I'm currently running a Vortex SPARC on one of my ARs and I've been pretty happy with it. I'm ready to step it up to an Aimpoint but I'm really torn between the PRO or the T1/H1 - 2MOA. It would seem the two things that it comes down for me is tube size and weight. The T1 seems to offer the smallest package in the lightest weight at the most cost. The PRO has the price point and a bigger tube. I haven't been able to go to a store that has both to compare side by side. Does anyone have both? I'm sort of leaning towards the T1 but the price of the PRO is keeping me in limbo. They both are loved by everyone. And i can only assume that both of them are extremely well built and robust. I would be putting this on my recent Mega build but I've never had such a hard time deciding on a weapon part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are solid products. You hit the major highlight differences: T1/H1 smaller; PRO larger and less expensive. You cannot go wrong with either one. If you have no need for the T1's night vision settings, I'd lean towards the H1 as your compact choice instead of the T1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The good news is that either of the two Aimpoint products are going to serve you well and yes, I own and use both. If you were happy with the size of the SPARC, the T1/H1 might be more familiar feeling to you. If taking that route, the H1 does make more sense for most folks. My canned answer is usually the Aimpoint PRO, mainly based on the great value and proven design. $400 with the mount included is hard to beat. Some folks find that it's easier to pick up the dot inside the larger optic when shooting from unconventional positions, where the dot isn't perfectly centered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can find the SPARC on the AR real fast. Interestingly enough, my buddy has an H1 on a 22-45 pistol, and I can never find the dot. I like to use certain mounts so the PRO mount will be ditched in favor of a RTZ mount. So that brings the price of the PRO up about $100. So at that point there's a $150 spread or so with the T1 in a mount and a PRO in a mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my review on the H1 and a larue mount: http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/12/ai...larue-751.html

I got the H1 because I do not expect the need to have NVG compatibility. It works, its awesome and possibly the best optic on the market (in the T1 form, because of the features).

I have used a PRO on several occasions it is a good optic. Has a lot of functionality and retarded long battery life. I would buy one if I needed an RDS for a patrol rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the H1 due to shooting with both eyes open the RDS body seems to disappear, it looks like a floating dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Over the years, I've tried to like the Aimpoint Micros, but apparently I'm in the minority. I don't like them as much as the full size Aimpoints. I keep coming back to the 30mm tube of the PRO or M3, simply because it's easier for my eyes to pick up the dot. This is just a matter of personal preference as I know a lot of guys put a premium on weight and are looking to shave off ounces anywhere possible.

I will agree with the others. If you are leaning towards an Aimpoint Micro, consider getting the H1. Most of us aren't using night vision, so paying extra for a T1 is probably not necessary. Also I recommend the IOCover to protect your H1/T1. Best $25 you can spend in my opinion to protect your micro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a PRO last night.

If I end up not liking it i'll pick up an H1 but we'll see how the PRO works out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to sound overly presumptuous, I'm pretty sure you'll like the PRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    Not to sound overly presumptuous, I'm pretty sure you'll like the PRO.
    I agree.

I am new to the red dot world and with some convincing skipped the cheaper models and went strait to the PRO model, and it is a solid piece and seems to be a nice looking dot, actually just mounted it , so havent shot with it yet, but well constructed and a good value- as i picked mine up on black friday sales.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a CompML2 and a friend has 2 Pro's. Basically, size and build wise they're almost identical. I can pick up the dot with both (ageing) eyes extremely quick for my age, in my opinion.
    I've used his Pro, and it's basically the same. Usually I have a little problem with close up objects stabilizing (I have an artificial lens in one eye). Things seem to jump back and forth, for just a second. But I can pick up his Pro, like my Comp, immediately with both eyes wide open, as should be. I can't comment on the T1, I've only looked through one at the store, that, and I too, didn't need the NV feature. I think at 400 bucks, the PRO is a steal.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PRO is what I recommend to anyone looking for a optic in the 3-400 range. Only complaint I have seen is a buddy had issues with his brightness adjustment getting bumped in the truck and turning his power low enough he couldn't see it.