Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul B.A.D. Lever

I've been interested in a B.A.D. Lever for quite a while, but when I encounter expert trainers, or see them in video's, I don't notice an overwhelming majority of them using one.

Wondered if I could get some of your thoughts on one. I've watched the videos, plus the video in a current thread here, and they look like the best thing since smokeless powder, but again, I really don't see many in use.

Thanks,
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 21 January 2014 at 21:59.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally like them. I'm running the Phase 5 version on my Noveske.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run the Phase 5 EBRv2 as well and I like the function of it. I like using my trigger finger to catch and release the bolt.

I still practice using the bolt catch like normal as well, but the latch makes manipulation of the battery more streamlined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been thinking of trying one also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one on a couple of rifles a few years ago. I eventually found that I didn't need the minimal speed advantage that that manual of arms provided. I came to view them as kind of a gimmick and pulled them off. Some people have written about them occasionally preventing the bolt from locking back. I never had that problem, just didn't find them to be any big deal fir my particular use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran one and loved it until I installed a Norgon ambi mag release. Then it came off and I don't really miss it. Used it because is was there, but didn't really need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing that concerned me was when wearing gloves that I always do, when shooting at an outdoor range, or somehow catching my trigger finger in it somehow, maybe during an actual emergency, preventing me from firing. I've never heard of that being an issue, but then again, I don't know any of my shooting friends that use one. I have a Magpul trigger guard installed on all 3 guns, but it really doesn't give you a lot of extra room.

On the other hand, they cost about $25.00. I'm not wealthy, but that's not an terrible loss if I don't like them, just the hassle of ordering them (LGS doesn't carry them, have to get it on the net.) The guy in the video makes it look so clean and efficient, but don't they always?

I'll see if I get a few more replies and see how it shakes out. I'm a natural "tinkerer", so at worst, it won't be the worst hit I've taken buying something that went on and came off after 1 or 2 trips to the range.

Thanks for your time and replies.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I ran one and loved it until I installed a Norgon ambi mag release. Then it came off and I don't really miss it. Used it because is was there, but didn't really need it.
    That's interesting, I'll have to check that out...

Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    One thing that concerned me was when wearing gloves that I always do, when shooting at an outdoor range, or somehow catching my trigger finger in it somehow, maybe during an actual emergency, preventing me from firing. I've never heard of that being an issue, but then again, I don't know any of my shooting friends that use one. I have a Magpul trigger guard installed on all 3 guns, but it really doesn't give you a lot of extra room.

On the other hand, they cost about $25.00. I'm not wealthy, but that's not an terrible loss if I don't like them, just the hassle of ordering them (LGS doesn't carry them, have to get it on the net.) The guy in the video makes it look so clean and efficient, but don't they always?

I'll see if I get a few more replies and see how it shakes out. I'm a natural "tinkerer", so at worst, it won't be the worst hit I've taken buying something that went on and came off after 1 or 2 trips to the range.

Thanks for your time and replies.

FT
    FT if you don't like it I will take it off your hands. So figure it as a T&E session with it. If you like it keep it if not message me and I will take it off your hands will pay you what you got into it +shipping.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, FortTom. Thanks for your inquiry. I have had them on each one of my AR's. I can tell you that it has improved the efficiency with which I recover from feed issues(training or real), or when simply changing out magazines. It's certainly not a necessity, but it does make getting back into battery quicker as I stay in the ready and don't have to transition from my workspace back into the ready. It's one of those devices that is so inexpensive and easy to install, it's well worth giving it a shot to see what you think. BTW: I could have swore I saw Travis Haley the BL on one of his M4's. Good luck and let me know what you think if you do decide to pick one up. I'd be surprised if you find there is no value add.
    God Bless and Semper Fi!

Will w/ the Youtube Channel 'Rounds Down Range'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! I've always had one on my M4/AR15's.
    God Bless and Semper Fi!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I run the Phase 5 EBRv2 as well and I like the function of it. I like using my trigger finger to catch and release the bolt.

I still practice using the bolt catch like normal as well, but the latch makes manipulation of the battery more streamlined

I completely agree. I tell folks, it doesn't make you a better shooter but makes your rifle a bit more efficient machine.
    God Bless and Semper Fi!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I have been thinking of trying one also.
    They are relatively inexpensive. Worth trying out for sure.
    God Bless and Semper Fi!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I had one on a couple of rifles a few years ago. I eventually found that I didn't need the minimal speed advantage that that manual of arms provided. I came to view them as kind of a gimmick and pulled them off. Some people have written about them occasionally preventing the bolt from locking back. I never had that problem, just didn't find them to be any big deal fir my particular use.
    That makes sense, Hmac. When it all boils down, you've got to run what makes sense for your on your rifle. If there is no value add, increased efficiency, etc. then it's just taking up space. I found the opposite was true in my case, but that was me.
    God Bless and Semper Fi!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    This is what I love about forums/blogs, you discover things you've never heard of. Does the Norgon Ambi Mag Release act as a bolt catch as well?
    God Bless and Semper Fi!