Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies.

Downloads
    Uploads

Other hobbies.

I'm sort of a new guy here and don't really know anyone from Adam so to speak. I know it's a gun place but it's always cool to see what other people do for fun. Me, I have a few hobbies. Some I'm better at that the others.

For about 5 years I've enjoyed road racing sport bikes. I got out of that recently to buy a house and please the wife, but knowing me I'll be back in it before too long.

I'm learning like crazy to take photos, though I've still got a LONG way to go. What looks good to me tends to not look good to others but I try.

I also collect...err...attempt to collect watches. I fancy Omega but the wife usually stops me in my tracks when I show the price tag. Right now I've only got two watches and this is the latest purchase.

I also like to build and tinker with cars. I used to have a '74 Corvette that was pretty sweet. Big block 468 built pretty well. Wife decided that had to go so I could go bike racing.

What are you guys in to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool thread. I am also new here in my spare time I build this

Started completely stock.

I draw and also ride Bmx tho I am falling out of that hobby with age it becomes harder and hurts more. Still a good exercise tho.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice photos gents.

Interesting how a lot of gun enthusiast enjoy a lot of the same hobbies. Over the years I've enjoyed a ton of hobbies, but firearms was one I never took a break from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I never took a break from guns either. Been shooting since before I was allowed to own them and never stopped loving it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting thread - hope more share.

I had a conversation with a motorcycle - once. We mutually agreed not to continue the relationship. I couldn't seem to get my hand out from under the clutch lever and it chased me around in the mud for awhile.

I have enjoyed track time on four wheels though. Last version was a 10th Anniversary Edition SVT Cobra Mustang. Had 470 RWHP and 540 Torque at the tires - just a beast.

Raced a couple of road courses including Road Atlanta.

Pit Row after a session, just took off the harness.

Stance

The goodies

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Photography, camera collecting, and running are some of my other hobbies. Nice watch Aaronp220.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OWW..nice cobra...

Got a place in me for mustangs , as i have had a dozen or more foxbodys and 4 eyes, from mild to wild..currently none right now..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - the first new car I bought with my own money was a 1967 Mustang Coupe - $2,800 sticker. I've had a couple since then.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first car was a 1982 Mustang GT with a 302 4-speed. The guy I bought it from had a lot in the motor and apparently raced it pretty hard. After only a couple of months of owning it a valve spring broke and dropped the valve on top of the piston. We built a pretty stout motor to replace it. I ran high 9's in the 1000', it's the only track we have around here. I've helped build a couple of mustangs for drag racing, one broke the track record in the street legal division. So I guess my hobbies are working on cars, fishing and hunting, when I have the time. My two little boys keep me pretty busy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a GSXR 750 on a bunch to track days. Last high side told me it was a time to move to a different hobby.
    I was a PGA Golf Instructor for a long time as well. Wakeboard, snowboard, and skiing. I rodeoed for a long time...bareback bucking horses and calf roping. All of my hobbies have led to broken bones and extended hospital visits minus the golf haha. Figured it was time to settle down and reconnect with a skill set that was taught to me a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the only Ford I would buy. I absolutely love those Cobras.

I ran an extensively modified R1 '07 at the track. When I high sided and watched $4,500 worth of Ohlins suspension, $3,000 worth of Ti Akra exhaust and a $9,000 bike get WADDED up I started buying cheap Gixxer 600's and 750's. Slap an exhaust, tuner and Brembo MC on them with some sticky rubber and good pads and go bowling with those.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got my eye in a black 2013 CTS-V. I say yes. The wife says no. She hates me.

My daily is a 2010 GMC 1500 SLT with a 6.2 liter V8. Full exhaust. Tune. CAI. Couple other goodies. Factory 3.73 limited slip rear. It put down 388RWHP and 404RW Ft-lbs thru a 295 all terrain tire. Surprises a few people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, I know envy and coveting are a couple of the deadly sins, but looking under the hood of that Cobra is going to send me straight to Hell! That things got to be a kick in the ass when you nail it. Aw, heck, if I had it I'd probably just lose my license and have to park it anyway...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys make me wish I had extra garage space... another year.... another year...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gonna buy some camera lights this weekend and try my hand at some more pics.