Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Other hobbies.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Shooting, cars, bikes, computers, warhammer (I know I'm a nerd), and plastic models have always been my hobbies. Just bought my first car this July 4th.
    Last edited by Deckard; 11 October 2014 at 23:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalWatermelon View Post
    Glad to see there are other car buffs on here. Here is my current work in progress:

Well, check the box for another Fiero owner. Nice GT!

My main hobby for the past 12 years has been trying to get that thing running and scrounge up enough cash to do it the way I want to. So there's also some CAD design and machining.

Last edited by FastIndy; 12 October 2014 at 00:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats some serious effort into a fiero. What engine are you running?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice notchie! Those are beautiful headers. Aside from the rims, lighting, and a semi-custom exhaust mine is mostly stock. I'd love to get a 3800SC swap into it but it is hard to get the funds together when you have black rifle disease haha. I've been contemplating doing a 4.9 swap or 3.4PR instead due to cost. A turbo 3.4 would be fun. What engine are you running in yours? I like what I'm seeing haha.
    -Josh

SCOPE~NYSRPA~FUAC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ducrider14 View Post
    Nice. After all my spine issues are sorted I would like to get back in to sport bike racing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice,,! Have an 05 wrx wagon myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post

Shooting, cars, bikes, computers, warhammer (I know I'm a nerd), and plastic models have always been my hobbies. Just bought my first car this July 4th.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shooting, reloading, traveling as often as I can, and building E30's are my biggest hobbies

Here is my baby!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that E30 looks amazing. Nice job resurrecting her. Is the interior redone, as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love E30's... maybe one day! E30, E36, E46, the last time I loved the 3 series. Owned a E90, meh...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between my car and kart racing I was pretty busy the last 7 years. Just now shifting interests and getting into shooting, the racing is fun but the drama isn't so onto something new!

Last edited by Vel; 16 October 2014 at 04:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Wow, that E30 looks amazing. Nice job resurrecting her. Is the interior redone, as well?
    Thank you! sadly it looks much better in pictures. I need to get some new trim as well. The interior is a work in progress. I pulled the nasty tan carpet from it, its currently carpetless and im on the lookout for some black carpet. Only nice thing about the interior is my evo3 suede steering wheel. I have a brand new Mtech 2 kit i ordered from Germany tht will go on this one eventually when i can get some money together for paint. This car has the 5 lug conversion from the E30 M3. The suspension is my pride and joy on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I love E30's... maybe one day! E30, E36, E46, the last time I loved the 3 series. Owned a E90, meh...
    They are great little cars! I owned an E36 m3 and sold it for an E30, no longer have that one though, and was never happier!

After the E46, things have gone down hill looks wise. I own an E90 and it gets the job done but it doesnt do much other than that. I wouldnt have even looked around for one but we got a great deal on it from the father in law so couldnt say no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surefire, Omegas, BMWs...Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

Quote Originally Posted by xAZxE30x View Post

After the E46, things have gone down hill looks wise. I own an E90 and it gets the job done but it doesnt do much other than that. I wouldnt have even looked around for one but we got a great deal on it from the father in law so couldnt say no.
    I was never really satisfied with the looks of the e90, but I will say this...on a track, they were pretty damn impressive for what they were. That engine was (and still is) a pretty decent power house and the balance of the e90 is still pretty fantastic. I've taken a e90M (e91?...can't remember what the V8 M was called) and it was also pretty amazing. That bigger engine really shined, but at the end of the day, it was still fundamentally an e90, but with better pickup (among other things, obviously).

I foresee, sometime in the future, a 2 series in my possession. The 1 seemed pretty perfect (I like smaller cars), but since that's gone now, I'm thinking the 2 will be on my short list to eventually (someday) replace my trusty e86. Until then, my little shark will continue to entertain me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xAZxE30x View Post

They are great little cars! I owned an E36 m3 and sold it for an E30, no longer have that one though, and was never happier!

I owned a couple of E46's, BEST. 3 Series. EVER in my opinion. Perfect size too. My favorite was a 2005 E46 330CI with the ZHP Performance Package. It was the Poor Man's M3. Not as fast, but plenty of power. Man I wish I had never traded that thing in. Worst decision I ever made. I had 9500 miles on it after 3 years and traded it in for a new 2008 335. Fuck, I still miss that car. An E46 M3 is on the list of one day cars for me. A few years ago I went in search of one, but the ones locally were all roached out or modded. I want Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Surefire, Omegas, BMWs...Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

I was never really satisfied with the looks of the e90, but I will say this...on a track, they were pretty damn impressive for what they were. That engine was (and still is) a pretty decent power house and the balance of the e90 is still pretty fantastic. I've taken a e90M (e91?...can't remember what the V8 M was called) and it was also pretty amazing. That bigger engine really shined, but at the end of the day, it was still fundamentally an e90, but with better pickup (among other things, obviously).

I foresee, sometime in the future, a 2 series in my possession. The 1 seemed pretty perfect (I like smaller cars), but since that's gone now, I'm thinking the 2 will be on my short list to eventually (someday) replace my trusty e86. Until then, my little shark will continue to entertain me.
    I'm sure we could have been brothers. I drove my E90 a few times on our PD EVOC Course, way better than say a Crown Vic. Performance wise, they were great, but like you said, not really sold on the looks. I think they grew too large. We don't have a 3 series anymore as we went with an E70 a few years ago. The plan is next year we're going to go look at a new M3.

Like I mentioned earlier, would love to find a E46 M3 or maybe even a decent E39 with lower miles. Too many toys on the list, not enough money!

Downloads
    Uploads

Like I mentioned earlier, would love to find a E46 M3 or maybe even a decent E39 with lower miles. Too many toys on the list, not enough money!
    ...or time. But I hear you!