Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

I just called to check on my silencer transfer and spoke with Victoria at the ATF. Was told it was filed via the e-forms (I knew that much) and it went pending Dec 16 and it should be approved some time in April. This is my first experience with the ATF. Does anyone with more experience know if Victoria's information on the time frame is correct? Or should I hope it gets approved in April while at the same time expect to see it in August??

Trying not to get my hopes up, but I really really want this thing to shoot pigs with before summer rolls around. Especially since I'm expecting my second child this summer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go here: www.nfatracker.com

It's not written in stone, but it's based off data as it comes in. I watched my stamp time move on that site, and by the time I got several of my stamps, it was in line with what they were predicting. If you're early in the process, the data is only so reliable, but it still gives you a snap shot of what's going on.

I have a Form 1 e-File that started out as a March 14 return and has now slipped to May. I had a Form 4 that was fairly accurate post-Newtown and was received about when they were predicting, so it's not a bad place to check into every so often.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last 2 Cans was 307 and 310 day waits.

I've got 5 or 6 stamps in various stages of waiting right now. I finally e-filed one and it looks like a 120 day wait on that. Anything is better than this 11-12 month game however. It never ends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UWone77, how many days after it went pending? ATF told me basically to expect ~4 months from the pending date. From my understanding the e-file only takes time off from clerical data entry/checking of prints etc and after it went pending, its basically all the same time frame.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put my info into nfatracker.com. It shows a 75.4% chance I'll have it by the end of April, 99.47% chance I'll have it by the end of May and 100% chance by the end of June. Pretty cool feature.

I also see my dealer lied to me about when he e-filed it. He told me he e-filed on Dec. 2nd but it didn't go pending g u til Dec 16, everyone else on nfatracker shows the submitted and pending g date to be the same. Oh well. Crying over spilled milk at this point in the wait.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never checked when mine go pending. I just figure it'll get here, when it gets here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the same outlook I have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Never checked when mine go pending. I just figure it'll get here, when it gets here.
    I've known 2 instances where checks have been cashed & when they guys figured they should be getting their stamp they find their paper work has disappeared. Checking status in my mind only confirmed it's made to where the examiners are.

My most recent form 4 went pending end of February, with December being when to expect the stamp.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    10 months from the time it went pending is the time frame they gave you! Wow. That's a lot different than the 4 month time frame they gave me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    I've known 2 instances where checks have been cashed & when they guys figured they should be getting their stamp they find their paper work has disappeared. Checking status in my mind only confirmed it's made to where the examiners are.

My most recent form 4 went pending end of February, with December being when to expect the stamp.
    Well that wouldn't surprise me either based on the sheer number of applications they get. I probably have close to 20 stamps approved or in the process and have never heard of anyone having issues (not that I doubt it happens) so don't jinx me is what I'm saying :) I'm hoping the efile system cuts down on these type of issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard that the ATF was starting to file them electronically or something now so turn around times should be a lot faster? I do not know if there is any truth to this just something I heard from a fellow at the gun shop.

Got my form all filled out for my first sbr build just haven't got around to making the money order and send it out yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LMMzach View Post
    I heard that the ATF was starting to file them electronically or something now so turn around times should be a lot faster? I do not know if there is any truth to this just something I heard from a fellow at the gun shop.

Got my form all filled out for my first sbr build just haven't got around to making the money order and send it out yet.
    That's the "e-File" we're talking about. So far, it has been faster, and it apparently gets head of the line privileges over paper applications, but as UWone said, the sheer number of apps is starting to push the e-File times to the right now, as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine went in 3/5/14 e-filed out of Cascade Armory and I just was sent paperwork for a Saker 7.62 so the waits begin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I called ATF again today. Talked to Damien. He told me they are currently taking 6 months from the pending date. I also asked if they had hired more examiners. He said "Not yet, but they are trying to." Who knows how long it'll take for our fine Federal Government to actually get around to hiring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    debating on getting a suppressor for the rifles and maybe a can to share between the pistols. The biggest thing stopping me is I hate buying something and not getting to use it right when I purchase it... dropping $200 per stamp + the cost of 2 suppressors. No matter how you look at it that is a chunk of change that goes out the door with no quick reward to it.