Thread: Transfer Times

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.
    Probably worthy of another thread, but... I did a fair amount of reading and Googling about how effective it was to "invest" in a Colt select-fire lower and pretty much everything I came across said it wasn't worth an investment. It can certainly be worth the fun and/or collectable-worthy values, but that in the long run, a machine gun (even a Colt) doesn't out-pace inflation enough, especially when such a thing isn't an immediately liquid asset.

Do you have any data that says otherwise? I ask because there's still a part in the back of my brain that thinks it's worthy of continued research. Plus I have a lot of 7n6 I could "expend" with one...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm familiar, but it kind of proves my point. For investment, now is not the time. But over the long term, even a Colt RR has been relatively flat for a period of time. It's like idiots trying to day trade that don't do it for a living. The stock market can be very lucrative, but you have to look at it long term, not short.

On the other side of the coin, there's always the question of "should I get it anyway because I might not have another opportunity?" And that's a fair question, too. If the trust issue with the ATF evaporates (which I'm guessing will happen), I'd bet the market will flatten for a bit. Probably not go down much, but probably flatten. In the meantime, I'm continuing to watch...but if I were to grab one now, I'd be lying to myself if I said it was for investment purposes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to believe it's my last transfer. Was thinking about a M203. Got to play with one last weekend & now have mixed feeling about it. Guy I'm buying my commando from is looking @ the M79. Said I would buy his used 203.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases