Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    debating on getting a suppressor for the rifles and maybe a can to share between the pistols. The biggest thing stopping me is I hate buying something and not getting to use it right when I purchase it... dropping $200 per stamp + the cost of 2 suppressors. No matter how you look at it that is a chunk of change that goes out the door with no quick reward to it.
    The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on two suppressors and I just try not to think about them.
    Last edited by zarmbie_killer; 7 May 2014 at 20:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zarmbie_killer View Post
    The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on to suppressors and I just try not to think about them.
    Basically that's the best attitude you can have. Fill out the paperwork/pay the money and forget about it. A year later suddenly it seems like it's a free suppressor, since you waited so long for it!

Glad to hear wait times are coming down though. I forget how many Form 4's I have in various stages of submission.

Downloads
    Uploads
    eForm submitted 12/13/13 for SBR Form 1. Received today. Just need to figure out how to print a color version to put in the safe so I don't just have it electronically. Although at this point, I'm not really sure it matters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I should just be a week or so behind you!! Mine was submitted/pending Dec. 16!! (E-filed as well).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just called. Mine was approved May 10!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might want to check your spam folder, then. Mine was approved the same day it was emailed directly to me. Kind of weird, but whatever. I also didn't have the normal examiner signing it, instead it's (I think) Dana Pickles. I checked on NFA Tracker and it looks like he's approved some other FL stamps recently, as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.
    I asked Damon (I think it was Damon I talked to at least) about that when I called about 2-3 weeks ago. He told me that they got approval to hire more examiners, but none had been added yet. I asked when they would be and he just chuckled and said " Soon I hope."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.
    D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.
    I'm contemplating a form 1 to SBR my rifle. But I live in a Tri State area, so I'm so sure if I want to deal with that headache for a toy. Especially when. I can just wait a tad and see if I can get issued one at work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.
    What increases in value? Full Auto?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.
    Probably worthy of another thread, but... I did a fair amount of reading and Googling about how effective it was to "invest" in a Colt select-fire lower and pretty much everything I came across said it wasn't worth an investment. It can certainly be worth the fun and/or collectable-worthy values, but that in the long run, a machine gun (even a Colt) doesn't out-pace inflation enough, especially when such a thing isn't an immediately liquid asset.

Do you have any data that says otherwise? I ask because there's still a part in the back of my brain that thinks it's worthy of continued research. Plus I have a lot of 7n6 I could "expend" with one...